Cheated out of points by Mypoints

Lurkergirl

I did one of those surveys for 50 points .I was wanting to be DQ right away but no such luck .I kept answering and finally it said submit .Well I hit submit and it gave me where sorry but a technical issue has occured .Please send lightspeed an email .

I thought huh ? I did a double check and it was not lightspeed who issued the survey to me but mypoints .

Well I emailed them the info that the page said to .They came back with what survey ?

Unfortunatly didn't know as they send so many out and they don't give you a survey number .

I of course tried to pick one out of the surveys listed at the account section of my points with no luck really .

They just came back with we credited you 10 points for not qualifying .

First off though if you have a technical issue it probably won't be listed in the account right ?

I give up it seems more work for 50 points then what it should be

The survey was probably from mypoints but hosted by Lightspeed. I am seeing a lot of that lately where you are taking a survey for one company but it actually being conducted by another. Of course we know the technical error was bogus just to cheat you out of your points. Without you remembering exactly what survey it was (I have done the same thing) it is hard to fight it. Otherwise I would file a complaint with the BBB.

• 2 weeks later...

I did one for them today and it was through Harris, I could tell. I did the whole ting, got to the end and then it told me that they were sorry but I didn't qualify for the survey. What?? Also, mypoints is supposaed to pay 10 points if you don't qualify, and I have done taht several times and do not get the 10 points. The survey company they are doing at the time doesn't pass me back to the mypoints site. Basically there is nothing they can do, they say.

I did one for them today and it was through Harris, I could tell. I did the whole ting, got to the end and then it told me that they were sorry but I didn't qualify for the survey. What?? Also, Mypoints is supposaed to pay 10 points if you don't qualify, and I have done taht several times and do not get the 10 points. The survey company they are doing at the time doesn't pass me back to the mypoints site. Basically there is nothing they can do, they say.

Yes that is exactly what they did to me

• 2 weeks later...

beware of mypoints. i purchased an entertainment book to get 1,000 points in an email. they only gave me 750 points. I fought back with BBB and mypoints started deleting my account dates of purchase. i never got the rest, and they started lying to BBB and me.

I have been a member of mypoints for a very long time, since 2000 as a matter of fact. I find it very odd that they even offer surveys and most times I choose to opt out rather than waste my time for 50 points. It appals me that they expect me to spend anywhere from 15-40 min on a survey for as little as 50 points and I take it as a insult. I always answer the screener questions in such a way as to be disqualitified and rarely get sent back without being shown the 10 points. It does happen to all of us just not very often.

I noticed the other day that mypoints is going to start using paypal any input?

I have been a member of my points since 2000 and in that time frame I have spent very little on the site. I just do the free things, the emails, some of the surveys, and with spending less than probably 50 bucks I Have earned over 53,000 points with spending very little. I find it very rewarding and worth the few headaches they give