need help with w-9 form for opinion outpost

mikep3000

i just hit over 600 pts=600 bucks for the year so now i have to fill out the w-9 form. does anyone know how the heck you fill out the w-9 form for Opinion Outpost and what you have to do? im been searching online for hours and found nothing yet. please help

thanks

Wouldn't it be 6000 points to be at $600? 10 points = $1 at OO

Just wondering because I've redeemed 758 points there in the past 6-7 weeks which equates to $75.80. Just wondering. Hope it's $600 for you. :wink:

yeah that is 6000. Like you said 10=1.00 I have been communicating with Kendra Fromm with SSI and she told me that I earned 600 so far this year with SSI and I have to submit a 1099 before they will pay me again. So it might be SSI as a whole rather than just OO at least that was how it was described to me.

600 in five months from OO?? You must be working for them...LOL

Congratulations anyways.

But if i understand it right, those may include earnings from previous year too.

If thats the case OO should be calculating the earnings only from thsi year and yes if it crosses 600, you have to file a form.

i'm sitting at about 30 bucks below that mark so i'm quitting them for now.. this really sucks because i believe if you're going to pay taxes, they should pay you the minimum.. they cut our payrate so they basically took the money we'd pay out ourselves and we still have to pay out.. i'm not filing, i'd lose too much so i'm looking for other companies to work with the rest of the year.. outside of OO and Surveyhead, I'm not sure who to go with.. these can't be the only companies out there.. i tried Toluna but i'm not doing a survey for 45 minutes for $2. If I would have realized $600 is the cutoff i wouldn't have worked so hard since January. Basically all i have left is the $400 I have to go the rest of the year with Globaltestmarket.. i'm basically in survey withdrawal right now, it's sad :P

I m surprised, you managed to make 600$ from OO alone in 4 and half months.

Thats an average close 150 dollars a month??? Whoah!!!!!

Can somebody post what happens after we submit a W9- Is it like OO will deduct tax from our earnings or is it OO simply reports it to IRS.

I m surprised, you managed to make 600$ from OO alone in 4 and half months.

Thats an average close 150 dollars a month??? Whoah!!!!!

Can somebody post what happens after we submit a W9- Is it like OO will deduct tax from our earnings or is it OO simply reports it to IRS.

I don't know what it's like with OO, but with most sites they require a W-9 but your job is as an independent contractor and YOU are responsible for reporting your taxable earnings. I have a friend who is an independent contractor with the government and that's his biggest frustration - they don't take out what you owe so you have to make sure you set aside enough to cover yourself at tax time.

• 2 years later...

I too have the same problem. I can't get in contact with customer service and have been waiting to cash out for days. They want a w-9 form.

Completed: 1034 Surveys

Collected: 10425 Points