Why am I not getting disqualified?

footfree

Lately I've been getting surveys that I don't qualify for but yet they keep asking me questions?I try to get kicked off but they wont let me they keep asking me why I use a product or if I have a this condition. I don't have any conditions and if I used a product I would have said yes I do.Like I said I dont have cell phone but then they ask me who my provider is.So why do they keep asking me questions that have nothing to do with me?I usually just exit out and go on .However here lately I've gotten so many that's it's really bothersome.They are really cutting into my time and patience.Just have to rant and let off steam.The worse culprits are GTM,Ipsos and mysurvey.I would like to do a shout to them and say enough is enough-cut the crap!

Lately I've been getting surveys that I don't qualify for but yet they keep asking me questions?I try to get kicked off but they wont let me they keep asking me why I use a product or if I have a this condition. I don't have any conditions and if I used a product I would have said yes I do.Like I said I dont have cell phone but then they ask me who my provider is.So why do they keep asking me questions that have nothing to do with me?I usually just exit out and go on .However here lately I've gotten so many that's it's really bothersome.They are really cutting into my time and patience.Just have to rant and let off steam.The worse culprits are GTM,Ipsos and mysurvey.I would like to do a shout to them and say enough is enough-cut the crap!

They are gathering info for free

Maybe I'm not getting it.How are they getting info for free if they are paying me for my time?I mean they would if I were to actually do the survey but I 'm not.After about a minute or two of me being into the survey and knowing it has nothing to do with me I exit out.I could see how they are making money if I were to finish the survey longer then I do but they don't get that much information out of me to be of any help to them.Especially if I'm randomly picking out a choice.I mean if I were the company who was paying for this info I would be peeved by the info they are gathering.There is at no time a choice like none of the above.Maybe we should find out who the company is that requested the info and send them a nice note about how the survey company is gathering their info.

So you're saying that a survey seems to be about x product or service, you do not use x product or service but aren't getting dq'd for not using x product or service - correct?

If this is the situation, it could very well be that some companies want to know WHY you do not use their product. I have done quite a few of these sorts of surveys. Sometimes companies want to know why people aren't using their products/services and which products/services they are using instead. I've gotten quite a few PT's through surveys where I don't use or like the product but they want to send it to me to try anyway.

Other times, it's an error in the survey - like the cellphone one you mentioned - and I usually close out of those and report them to the company. I figure mistakes are pretty easy considering how a lot of these surveys are hosted with one company then passed around from company to company in order to reach quota.

I think it's probably due to poor programming. It's my opinion that a lot of the glitches and nonsense questions we run into are due to programmers not thinking it through, or not knowing their job....

So you're saying that a survey seems to be about x product or service, you do not use x product or service but aren't getting dq'd for not using x product or service - correct?

If this is the situation, it could very well be that some companies want to know WHY you do not use their product. I have done quite a few of these sorts of surveys. Sometimes companies want to know why people aren't using their products/services and which products/services they are using instead. I've gotten quite a few PT's through surveys where I don't use or like the product but they want to send it to me to try anyway.

Other times, it's an error in the survey - like the cellphone one you mentioned - and I usually close out of those and report them to the company. I figure mistakes are pretty easy considering how a lot of these surveys are hosted with one company then passed around from company to company in order to reach quota.

That's exactly what I mean but most say you get $1.50 for 30 minutes and I wont work for that.However I would like to be DQ'ed (sometimes they give the extra points when you dq) without exiting out but hey if that's what I need to do then so be it.I know I didnt mention the time limit but I don't think most surveys that send out PT'S pay a buck fifty for a 30 minute survey.At least it hasn't been my experience when doing surveys.I was ranting because I got like 2 or 3 in one day and just found it very frustrating.

Maybe I'm not getting it.How are they getting info for free if they are paying me for my time?I mean they would if I were to actually do the survey but I 'm not.After about a minute or two of me being into the survey and knowing it has nothing to do with me I exit out.I could see how they are making money if I were to finish the survey longer then I do but they don't get that much information out of me to be of any help to them.Especially if I'm randomly picking out a choice.I mean if I were the company who was paying for this info I would be peeved by the info they are gathering.There is at no time a choice like none of the above.Maybe we should find out who the company is that requested the info and send them a nice note about how the survey company is gathering their info.

great idea!

That's exactly what I mean but most say you get $1.50 for 30 minutes and I wont work for that.However I would like to be DQ'ed (sometimes they give the extra points when you dq) without exiting out but hey if that's what I need to do then so be it.I know I didnt mention the time limit but I don't think most surveys that send out PT'S pay a buck fifty for a 30 minute survey.At least it hasn't been my experience when doing surveys.I was ranting because I got like 2 or 3 in one day and just found it very frustrating.

Might have been a focus group invite with a split payment