Opinion Outpost Account Frozen

Nancy2

I checked and Survey Spot is located in CT and that is where I live. So obviously, you file the complaint for CT. With tomorrow being a holiday and I will be out most of the day anyway so I will probably file my complaint against Survey Spot on Thursday. I am not sure what I will accomplish by filing a complaint against them but at the very least maybe they will pay me what they owe me which isn't much but it is still a matter of principle. But I think it says on their site, someone correct me if I am wrong, if your account is terminated either by you or them, you forfeit your points. I don't think they are going to be that willing to send me the money they owe me. They will probably say I violated their agreement by having multiple accounts and giving irrelevant info on surveys. On the first point, don't you think they owe it to me to give me the email addresses of these multple accounts I supposedly had with them? They have not given me that info even after specifically asking for it. On the second point, how can they prove I gave irrelevant info on surveys and how can I prove I didn't? It becomes a he says she says deal, doesn't it? I wonder how many other people here have reported them to the BBB and if they did, what happened after the complaint was made. I am just questioning how legitimate this company is. From what I have read, It seems a lot of people here have had to deal with their accounts being frozen in the past, especially after attempting to cashout. This company might be looking for ways to not pay people money due them. I don't know. But combining that with doing surveys that take 15 minutes and even longer and getting nothing but a sweepstakes entry does raise a red flag in my mind.

i checked mine and it's still up, though i'm inactive right now.. but i know they don't just delete for no reason as my account was inactive last time for 3 years and i came back with a balance still in there.

Hello.

Reporting here. Got the frozen account/data concern thing from survey spot. Of course after cashing out.

I have a lot more details to this BS, but i will wait to post them here and go to BBB because i really had no problems with the site until now. Out of respect, i'll wait and give them a chance to do what is right.

I don't even care at this point if they cancel my account, but what surveys i took and completed, i am owed compensation. The site tells me this when it says "survey completed" and then i rate the survey. Not paying this is fraudulent business behavior. ( i don't care about what some scummy lawyer drew up for them in the "fine print" section)

My account was frozen by surveyspot when I was trying to cash out and then they reactivated it within the week. I sent them two nasty emails and then realized that it was happening to everyone and they were blaming it on a paypal malfunction. I don't really believe their excuses but I was able to get my $14 and cash out for the last time because I then unsubscribed from them. I had quit Opinion Outpost over a year ago and its funny because when they reactivated my surveyspot account, they also reactivated my Opinion Outpost account. So I just got rid of both of them .... again.

My account was frozen by surveyspot when I was trying to cash out and then they reactivated it within the week. I sent them two nasty emails and then realized that it was happening to everyone and they were blaming it on a paypal malfunction. I don't really believe their excuses but I was able to get my $14 and cash out for the last time because I then unsubscribed from them. I had quit opinion outpost over a year ago and its funny because when they reactivated my surveyspot account, they also reactivated my opinion outpost account. So I just got rid of both of them .... again.

Just wondering. Did you send them to the surveyspot_memberservices email? The one they give out when you're account is frozen, or was it another one?

That's pretty much what i am going to do. If they can pull this sh*t, then they can do it for any reason at all. Im thinking they do this to temporarily solve a cash flow issue. Just imagine the thousands of people that don't do anything about it? I'm sure there a lot. Only a small % of survey takers probably take the extra steps to see what is going on and check out sites like this one.

The site has gone down dramatically in terms of value surveys. Most are 50 cents and most are crap surveys so i am sure they aren't getting the cash flow they had before, so this could be a way of solving the issue and also getting people to basically take surveys for free.

This site locked me out and said that other family members were using my account??? I only have two small children who do not use the computer?! What a joke! I had $20 in my account (after hours and hours of surveys) and they took this money crookedly! I will tell everyone that this company is shady and is not to be trusted!!

This site locked me out and said that other family members were using my account??? I only have two small children who do not use the computer?! What a joke! I had $20 in my account (after hours and hours of surveys) and they took this money crookedly! I will tell everyone that this company is shady and is not to be trusted!!

Don't give up. The reason why they do this sh*t is because so many people just say, "well it's only a small amount of money" and throw in the towel. The fact is they made money off of you and didn't pay you. Keep writing and keep pressing them to give you your cash. If not, then make sure you spread the word wherever they advertise(sites like this, facebook, twitter) It's the only way you can do anything about this crook behavior.

many surveys i get actually ask for my daughter to complete the survey.. so how is she not supposed to use my account? i don't get why they would say this.

I emailed [email protected]. Good luck with your account. If you got the same bogus message everyone else did stating that your account may have been frozen because of ---------------- or ----------------- or -------------------, make sure you force them to tell you the ONE reason and prove it. Otherwise people have had luck at the BBB but I don't think you'll have to take it that far.

Opinion Outpost is abusing of all the members. They are cancelling accounts without reasons. And they show a video on the homepage giving $12000 to a winner. This is the money they got from all the cancelled accounts.

My account was frozen by surveyspot when I was trying to cash out and then they reactivated it within the week. I sent them two nasty emails and then realized that it was happening to everyone and they were blaming it on a paypal malfunction. I don't really believe their excuses but I was able to get my $14 and cash out for the last time because I then unsubscribed from them. I had quit opinion outpost over a year ago and its funny because when they reactivated my surveyspot account, they also reactivated my opinion outpost account. So I just got rid of both of them .... again.

I also don't believe on the paypal malfunction. It was working right months before. They had a purpose cancelling the accounts.....

I filed a complaint with the BBB today against Survey Spot. I really was left with no alternative. I asked for either reinstatement of my account and if that is not possible, I want the money in my account refunded to me even though it isn't much. I will keep everyone updated after I hear from them.