OneOpinion

mccfan2

footfree, if someone wasn't a spammer, I think they would return to say so, but maybe I'm wrong.

In any case, it was actually honest posts like yours, avemaria's, Not a Sucker's and QWERTY's (are they still around here?) that convinced me to join the forum. If there were only positive, kumbaya posts on here then that would be lopsided. I thought this forum was about honesty, but if appearances take precedence over honesty then I have no issue leaving since my commentary is troubling.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ksedwar

• SeriousSurveyer

• footfree

• peach6

I said I was done but you have now said I'm disrespectful and immature and I will stick up for myself (or any other first time poster that is glad they made money and praises a website). Calling names is simply childish and indicates you can't come up with a reasonable argument....turn to name calling. Who is immature? I think you need to look in the mirror before calling names and berating someone. Especially someone you only know from words spoken in an Internet forum.

footfree, if someone wasn't a spammer, I think they would return to say so, but maybe I'm wrong.

In any case, it was actually honest posts like yours, avemaria's, Not a Sucker's and QWERTY's (are they still around here?) that convinced me to join the forum. If there were only positive, kumbaya posts on here then that would be lopsided. I thought this forum was about honesty, but if appearances take precedence over honesty then I have no issue leaving since my commentary is troubling.

Didn't mean to offend you just trying to make a light hearted gesture to a person who isn't familiar with this sight.I also liked your postings (seems to me we have similar ways of thinking)but I just wanted us to all get along and let newcomers know that we (us here) at this sight do have opinions.I guess I'm feeling guilty like maybe I got between you two and helped instigate a fight.I never meant to do that and if I did I'm sorry.I just hope we all can let all this go and move on and agree to disagree.No hard feelings just try to move on for the sake of this forum.

I have no hard feelings. I've been haunting various forums for more years then I want to admit and I have learned to never carry a disagreement outside of the forum or topic it started in. We can argue here and at the same time tell jokes amongst each other in another thread. It's the Internet and not worth actually getting all upset over. :wink:

It must be demographics. I joined One Opinion a month ago, and I have a grand total of $5, which is the sign up bonus. Same crap as JD Power, Survey Head (IPoll), etc. Many surveys at $1 for 25 minutes. I think not.

I couldn't agree more. I was under the assumption most $1.00 surveys would be 10-15 minutes, however I've taken some that took 30 minutes for the same $1.00 (not many but a few). I don't know if I will continue with them. :?:

I'm like you I get skeptical of anyone gushing over a company,especially on a first post.I also use to call people out when I thought things were fishy.Then I was basically told to stop doing it and give people the benefit of the doubt.

I'm concerned about people who are reading the forum or will read the forum in the future. It's good to have a place like this with honest opinions about survey panels. When I was researching a site I wanted to join, this forum saved me from signing up with the site which has dubious business practices.

I wasn't trying to be mean, I was simply giving my thoughts on the post. I run an online business so I have experience with how some companies put out false reviews. They'll pay people to give positive reviews, like/follow their company, and write negative reviews for their competitors. I actually know a guy whose job is to increase companies' appeal through these methods and he makes a good amount of money doing it. Even otherwise honest companies aren't immune to this because they are trying to keep up with others in the industry. For online businesses, what people write about them online is everything. You can be sure survey reps monitor these forums.

Some people get defensive about their favorite survey companies but I honestly couldn't care less about any survey company. Some people feel appreciative to companies or reps who help them to resolve an issue but these companies are concerned with their own reputations and they're just doing damage control. They watch for mentions of their site, especially newer/smaller companies, and do their best to keep it positive so they can keep making money.

paris2013's comments are no different from what everyone else has said about OneOpinion. They didn't post referral links or suggest other websites like a spammer would. They just agreed with everyone else and that's not spammy.

In your opinion. Which is not fact...In my opinion s/he sets off almost every warning bell for spam.

SeriousSurveyer - This forum is about helping us to weed out the bad companies who are using survey participants. Many of these companies are very dishonest. Thanks for voicing your concerns. Some of us really appreciate and value intelligent feedback. :wink:

One more thing then I'll let it go - I would miss both of your comments (ksedar & serioussurveyer) so I hope both of you keep posting.We definitely need all the input here that we get and I appreciate both of you.

Didn't mean to offend you just trying to make a light hearted gesture to a person who isn't familiar with this sight.I also liked your postings (seems to me we have similar ways of thinking)but I just wanted us to all get along and let newcomers know that we (us here) at this sight do have opinions.I guess I'm feeling guilty like maybe I got between you two and helped instigate a fight.I never meant to do that and if I did I'm sorry.

You didn't offend me and you're not to blame, so don't feel guilty. I saw this coming from a mile away and if it wasn't you then it would have been someone else. I knew it couldn't be avoided.

The ironic thing is just a few days ago, someone else who has posted in this thread called a new member a spammer. So why do I get the righteous hand of the vigilante of Survey Police where they are allowed to call someone a spammer when they see fit and no one says anything? Anyway, I don't want to start this topic anew, I just thought it highlights out the hypocrisy of this situation.

@car9og,

Thank you. :)

The ironic thing is just a few days ago, someone else who has posted in this thread called a new member a spammer. So why do I get the righteous hand of the vigilante of Survey Police where they are allowed to call someone a spammer when they see fit and no one says anything? Anyway, I don't want to start this topic anew, I just thought it highlights out the hypocrisy of this situation.

Because they posted two times and both included referral links to the same site and not much more. THAT is a spammer and I said so so people would think twice before clicking on the links, a warning. I also reported the post and user. The topic where I said that is now gone. So it wasn't just me who knew it was spam.

Can we just let this go? I'll stop and I also apologize if I made anyone feel like I was singling them out or if I insulted anyone in any way. It wasn't my intent to do any of that.