Demotivated!

phoenixlady2

How do the promo codes work, can you give me an example?

You get a redemption number from the survey site (like iPoll) emailed to you and you go to the Visa Promo Code site where you enter the redemption number (you need to register for an account). Once you enter the number sent to you by iPoll, you will get a pin number sent via email by VP codes. You can then redeem the code with the pin.

Once you redeem it, you'll have what looks like a credit card. It will have your name, a number like a credit card number, a CIC (security code) and an expiration date, just like a regular Visa Credit Card. The catch is you can only use it for online or phone (and probably catalog) orders because it's not a physical card.

note: It is technically a 'debit' card. But you use it exactly like a Visa Credit Card.

What works best for me in order to use the full value of the card, is to go to the website of one of the local grocery stores I shop at and purchase the store's gift cards online. For example, I used the $30 Visa Promo Code to get a $10 and a $20 grocery store gift card. Literally used them the same day they came in the postal mail, so I shelled out $30 less for groceries that week in cash.

Specifically, when it came time to checkout, I chose the 'visa' credit card option and simply entered the information--the credit card number, the cic, the expiration date. And it gets processed just like a visa credit card.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phoenixlady2

• ksedwar

• avemaria

• Huntress

Top Posters In This Topic

I will look out for those codes once I make more money because it seems I am still sitting at $6 with Ipoll and $15 pending. I tried using a different server but Opinion Outpost has frozen my account, so I can not claim my money there either.

I will look out for those codes once I make more money because it seems I am still sitting at $6 with Ipoll and $15 pending. I tried using a different server but Opinion Outpost has frozen my account, so I can not claim my money there either.

I would definitely contact OO and ask for a reason why your account was frozen. I think you deserve an explanation at least.

edited to add: in response to another thread about amazon gift certificates, there is another survey site called 'MySurvey" which has PayPal as one of the redemption options. Noting, I don't do many of their surveys any longer because of the low value of the points awarded, so take that into consideration.