Opinion Outpost-not the same anymore

peach6

I used to do really well with OO I could at least complete 1survey a day sometimes even 2 or 3 and now I am lucky if I can do 1 survey every 2 weeks.I wish it would go back to the way it was before...........very frustrating

I totally hear ya. I usually attempt (or rather used to) attempt 10-15 surveys on that site a day! Sure sometimes I would qualify for one..two if I was lucky! But it's just not worth it anymore. It takes all my energy :?

Plus they also made the screener (before you enter the survey) longer! It used to be between 1-4 questions. Now it's like 8 questions. very annoying. I once loved this panel and it was my favorite. but I'm kinda over it..

My new fav. is Global test market for cash.

It's not just you guys, I only recently joined OO (in early May iirc) and got (and completed) tons of surveys, earned consistently, like $10 a week at least. Now, click-click-click-update-update-update. No new surveys even to get d/q'ed from!

I think it started when their site kept having technical problems. Ever since then, surveys are very few--and for me--very low value ones (5 points mostly). I thought iPoll was bad with the 50 cents for 20 minutes, but OO is giving them a run for their money.

I do get alot more invite from Surveyspot though--of course the only reward is 'your opinion is appreciated' or something equally ridiculous like 10 points (10 cents for 15 minutes). And SS is a member of the OO family of sites, so maybe they are trying to see how many respondents will do the surveys virtually for free via one of their other sites before they release the survey for higher points on the main site.

• 2 weeks later...

I like how they lowered the points on most surveys. They used to give out $3 $2.50 $2.00 $1.50 etc etc.

Now it seems they give out $1 ones and because i am a "valued member" they throw on 2 bonus points(20 cents)

OO is hitting the trash can. :cry:

Get this one. I completed two surveys today that show on my dashboard as complete with the points, but my total did not update. I never had that happen before. I am hoping I do not have to keep track of that now too!

I like how they lowered the points on most surveys. They used to give out $3 $2.50 $2.00 $1.50 etc etc.

Now it seems they give out $1 ones and because i am a "valued member" they throw on 2 bonus points(20 cents)

OO is hitting the trash can. :cry:

I noticed that too. I've only been a member since May, but I can tell they've changed recently. I did a survey that took me nearly 40 minutes to complete and all I got was 5 points.

Get this one. I completed two surveys today that show on my dashboard as complete with the points, but my total did not update. I never had that happen before. I am hoping I do not have to keep track of that now too!

Happened to me on Sept. 9th with 2 surveys. The first survey, I thought I was just 'imagining' the points balance didn't reflect the survey I just completed. Then I took a second survey and noticed the balance remained unchanged. So I emailed them about it and the points were added. Then today, the same thing happened, so I just sent another email.

From now on, I would just make a mental note of your points balance when you log-in so you can see if it increased after the survey.

• 1 month later...

Hmm. Since I only joined OO a little over 2 months ago my perspective is a bit different. Have attempted over 600 surveys since late August and have been able to complete about 40% of them by my calculations. Have completed over 100 surveys during the month of October so far and came close to that in September. When you come from having done JDPowerPanel and eRewards for 2 years prior, OO is like striking gold IMO. However, I do click on OO constantly through out the day. My demographics are not that good IMO. Have had a few technical issues that as far as I know were the fault of the survey creator and not OO. So far have not gotten one of those into the surveys for 20 minutes and then DQd that I can recall. Maybe I've been lucky on that score. I guess it all depends on where you came from.

Careful... they have an employee trolling this board now who will "lie in your face" and tell you how he's cashed in 6 times in less than a month :mrgreen:

No, Opinion Outpost isn't remotely the same as they were just a few months ago. Matter of fact, they seem to be going down hill more rapidly than their "sister" company Survey Spot did.

Careful... they have an employee trolling this board now who will "lie in your face" and tell you how he's cashed in 6 times in less than a month :mrgreen:

No, Opinion Outpost isn't remotely the same as they were just a few months ago. Matter of fact, they seem to be going down hill more rapidly than their "sister" company Survey Spot did.

Funny you bring up their sister site Survey Spot. Now that site is a complete loser for me in the week or so since I have joined. Also, it seems they brought over some info from my account on Opinion Outpost. Not quite sure of that but seemed to be the case. I have gotten squat from SS and basically got a few surveys that DQd.