Does anyone know how to get a old newspaper article

footfree

I just learned that a old childhood friend passed away back in 2008 and I wanted to know how it happened.I guess maybe it sounds morbid but I'm really interested in finding out.I read his obit and even saw his girls facebook accounts but no mention of how.Well I mean I know he had a motorcycle accident on /4/26/2008 so you would think there would be some kind of article about it.At least I was able to find out he had been at Toyota Manufacturing for 20 years,married and had 2 beautiful daughters.I don't know why but somehow I think it could help me be more at peace with his passing.Anyway do you know how to ?I contacted the library they could only find the obit like me.

• 6 months later...

My best thought is to contact the newspaper. They keep archives, and very well may have that for you. They might have a small nominal fee for a copy, but I do know they keep archives for a long while.

If it was a natural death or due to an illness there probably isn't anything more than an obituary. Regular people passing isn't really news worthy unless it was some sort of tragedy.

It sounds kind of intrusive but since he was a friend maybe send your condolences to his daughter(s) in a message on Facebook. They may be open to telling you what happened.

If it was a natural death or due to an illness there probably isn't anything more than an obituary. Regular people passing isn't really news worthy unless it was some sort of tragedy.

It sounds kind of intrusive but since he was a friend maybe send your condolences to his daughter(s) in a message on Facebook. They may be open to telling you what happened.

Thanks - I have recently befriended his sister on facebook.I found out he was in a motorcycle accident put in the hospital and later passed away from his injuries.At least that's the jest of it.Plus she seems to be the only surviving person in her immediate family both her brothers and her Mom and Dad have passed.She never married or had children.Feel blessed to be able to share memories with her.His birthday was today (12/24/)he would have been 53.