MyPoints is a scam

Nick7531

Scam is really overused when it comes to survey companies.

Was about to say the same thing. Some people throw the word "scam" around when they have a bad experience. Not saying there probably aren't some real scams out there too.

just like about all the panels out there now, aren't like they used to be. they've upped the points you need to redeem on everything, they don't give the 10 points like used to on survey dq's, customer service is for the birds, only about half of the emails are point paying now. I used to get at least 3 $50 AGD's a year. now I get 1. as I mentioned, they aren't what they used to be.

• 1 month later...

Their customer service is pitiful. They often do not even have the courtesy of acknowledging inquiries required due to then failing to credit earned points. And a warning; if you criticize them on Facebook they will ban you., They have very thin skin.

I've been a member of My Points for many years.  I currently use them for shopping at Walmart and a few other sites. I shop through Ebates, Fat Wallet and Mr. Rebates, but for Walmart, my points is the best.  I have never had any problems redeeming.  It's curious as to why some people have good experiences and others have really bad ones.

I've been a member of My Points for many years.  I currently use them for shopping at Walmart and a few other sites. I shop through Ebates, Fat Wallet and Mr. Rebates, but for Walmart, my points is the best.  I have never had any problems redeeming.  It's curious as to why some people have good experiences and others have really bad ones.

I do that too.  I go through all my rebate sites and see who is giving the best points or % back first.  I got a nice gift card to give for Christmas through them.  I do searches on their site and stuff.  I haven't had a bad experience yet, but when I do, you will all know about it.

Been more than 2 weeks and I have not even gotten an acknowledgement from this crappy outfit. I have followed twice. Totally unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• 1 year later...

Well, I've been using mypoints for a long time. It used to be pretty slow in accumulating points because it really didn't do much with surveys. But last summer they started doing a lot of surveys and I have accumulated points way faster then I ever had before. Since last Oct. I have redeemed points and have purchased several hundred dollars worth of items (mostly through Amazon) for FREE! Some of you have complained about their customer service, well I have gotten pretty good service most of the time. Sometimes surveys screw me out of points such as claiming I didn't qualify after I completed a full survey. I complain and they give me the points. A number of their surveys are also from Peanut Labs. I can't praise them but mypoints makes up for it. As far as Peanut Labs is concerned it's hard to get an actual survey, they run you through hoops, take you a good way through a survey and you get "Bummer not a match", sometimes after a full survey. I complain to mypoints about is and they give me the points. Sometimes I get a message after a survey that "all the surveys have been done", something like that, I complain and they give me the points. So I think mypoints is pretty good. But there are times I have to jump through hoops to get surveys.

I've had surveys turn me down that I was perfectly qualified for and other times I've been able to B.S. through a survey I had absolutely no qualifications  for. The seem to be interested in IT people. I don't work in IT at all but have BS'd myself through a few. A couple of times I've had surveys about industrial lubricants. I got through a few of them too. Frankly I think this survey data they compile is pretty much crap. Many times surveys get too long and I just randomly click a bunch of radio buttons and check boxes. But you have to look out for the ones where they tell you to pick a specific response. Well, this is my first post here.

I think it takes a while to cash out with mypoints, but I used to use them for online purchases all the time.  I quit doing their surveys because they only offered 50 points no matter how long it took.