Opinion Outpost must be smoking something good here

greeneyeddevils

What is Opinion Outpost thinking with this survey offered up? I hope nobody does this one...really $5 for 3 hours of a survey...NO THANKS!..

Your opinions have power, thank you for sharing them.

Your Survey Details

survey length:180 minutes

If you qualify for and complete this survey you will be rewarded with: 50 Opinion Points

Every time you participate in a survey you earn an entry into our new $1,250 quarterly prize draw. The more surveys you participate in the more chances you have to win!

• Like 1

ok, that is not much of an incentive and sounds like qualifying will be less than 10 percent. Another thing, did you say $1250 quarterly prize? Whatever happened to their $10,000 quarterly prize? They had it a couple of months ago every month. Wow, some survey companies are really cutting down on incentives. So sad. :(

Opinion Outpost has become annoying and my least favorite company. "We're all ears" takes forever and asks really dumb questions. I always disqualify and have been stuck at 20 something points for months. I used to make so much money with them a few years ago. I quit Toluna a year ago for the same reason and thinking of giving OO up also. I get invitations and just have no motivation to try because I am never accepted.

• Like 1

Opinion Outpost has become annoying and my least favorite company. "We're all ears" takes forever and asks really dumb questions. I always disqualify and have been stuck at 20 something points for months. I used to make so much money with them a few years ago. I quit Toluna a year ago for the same reason and thinking of giving OO up also. I get invitations and just have no motivation to try because I am never accepted.
You cannot make any money on OO if you wait for an invitation but I'm guessing you know this already. Surveys get filled up fast. You need to be on there looking constantly.

Hi JD, yup, I do go there and up until a year ago, one would lead me to the next and I'd make maybe $10 a day. I still go there without invitations but nothing pans out. Maybe my age...or that I don't drive and fail the screener. Oh well, maybe I'll stick with them until I at least cash out.

Hi JD, yup, I do go there and up until a year ago, one would lead me to the next and I'd make maybe $10 a day. I still go there without invitations but nothing pans out. Maybe my age...or that I don't drive and fail the screener. Oh well, maybe I'll stick with them until I at least cash out.
I'm coming to the conclusion that you have to almost camp on surveys to have the best success rate with many of the survey sites these days. OO being one of them. Most people cannot devote the time to do that nor do they want to. Number of people they want to complete many surveys is not that high and many sites like OO have a lot of users. Especially this time of year when the number of new surveys is on the low side.

I used to do really good with OO...I was taking it a little easy with OO in December because I was getting close to the 500 mark and didn't want to have to give them my SS number and now I can't seem to get anywhere with them I either don't qualify or there are no surveys for me to take and like JD said who has the time or the energy to camp out on there site all day.

Agree that most of there surveys do not pay as well as in the past and do DQ a bit but a just completed a 30 minutes survey for 27 points ($2.70), received instant credit for it. This put me at $12.01 and cash out $12 to my Paypal account which was credited within 5 minutes. How many survey websites give you your hard earned money as quickly as that?

This put me at $12.01 and cash out $12 to my Paypal account which was credited within 5 minutes. How many survey websites give you your hard earned money as quickly as that?

A couple - OO, and obviously also surveyspot since it runs off basically the same code, just with way worse payout, so I wouldn't recommend it, but still. Paidviewpoint also pays pretty much instantly. Harrispollonline only pays by Amazon, not paypal, but my experience has been that points post immediately, and payout only takes them about 5-15 minutes when requested. And then of course there's the weird one, mturk, where it's up to the individual requester how long it's going to take them to approve your payment, so it can be anywhere from immediate to weeks, but cashout requests are processed immediately.

I know you were asking a rhetorical question, but I felt like answering it anyway. :P

For what it's worth, while I have noticed OO on average paying a bit less than they did a year ago, I still think it's one of the better-paying sites on average. I don't feel like I need to "camp out" - I do feel like the emails they send hardly ever actually correspond to the surveys I get when I click on them, but I usually do have a good handful of surveys waiting every time I visit, at least. They just generally have nothing to do with the email notifications I get from them.

• Like 1

Problem with "Survey Spot", you need 1000 points for $10, not 100 point for OO. Most of the Survey Spot survey were in the area of 20 points for a 20 minutes survey. 20 Cents, Yahoo!! or a good one would be 10 points for 5 minutes. Where is my new BMW?

• 1 month later...