How to report scam websites?

fluffy501

Hi, i hope I am allowed to post this here but it has made me angry

Basically there is a website or two that are misleading and marketing scams for you to send them money.

Does anyone know where you can report websites that fit this description? Somewhere where they can get taken off/closed down. There are many reviews for both websites saying they are scams, I can't believe they are still on the internet. Why do they still exist when there are so many people who know its a scam??

I edited my post in case I gave too much detail

Not sure it would come under phishing, theyre not trying to look like another company. Its just a company misleading you into buying a product

One thing they do is claim to send you personal self-help emails but they really send the same generic email to everyone persuading you to buy the product. Is there a regulation company I can report them to?

There is the IC3 website but unless you are a victim of a crime I don't think it's much use. Filing a Complaint with the IC3.

There is also the FTC Compliant website.

Most of the people behind scams are located in other countries so it's not easy to combat the attempts they make to rip people off. The best thing to do is be careful and don't become a victim. Tips from the FBI.

• 1 month later...

The good ol' Better Business Bureau might be one?  I recently got mixed up in a Mystery Shopper scam, and while it was not a case I was seeking retribution, the BBB did have a section to report such scams.  I 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...