Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

General discussion about online surveys. Please refrain from advertising online survey opportunities unless you have been granted permission to do so. Referral links will be deleted.

Moderator: ksedwar

Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby footfree » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:59 pm

It's thru Chat threads and it's mobile(I did a mobile survey with them last year).When I first read it it said you can earn anywhere from $5 to $50 per assignment then.I was okay they were good to do business with .
Here's the 1st invite

In return, we'll offer you rewards (typically $5-$50 per assignment) as soon as you finish. It's that easy!


Then after signing up and getting a invite here is what it said.

We’ll email you occasionally to invite you to participate in assignments.
If you qualify and choose to participate, you’ll tell us about your shopping plans, check in when you shop at a store, and upload pictures of your receipts for any purchases.
You’ll also answer a few quick polls for us along the way and tell us about your shopping experiences in a final survey.
If you stick with us and complete all the steps along the way, you’ll receive awesome rewards like Amazon.com gift cards

So which is it cash or AGC?Has anyone else done anything for them?It's been a few years since I have and I was wondering if they have gone downhill or not.
footfree
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby wcarl@purchased.com » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:21 am

Hi footfree,

This is Walter from Shopalong. We are still here and would love for you to participate with us again. You are right that currently we offer AGC for rewards and are looking to add in other reward options like PayPal and other gift card choices. We would love to hear your feedback on this.
wcarl@purchased.com
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:13 am

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby footfree » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:23 am

wcarl@purchased.com wrote:Hi footfree,

This is Walter from Shopalong. We are still here and would love for you to participate with us again. You are right that currently we offer AGC for rewards and are looking to add in other reward options like PayPal and other gift card choices. We would love to hear your feedback on this.



I got my first assignment from you a couple of days ago and if I had qualified I thought it said it was a cash offer.At least that's what I thought I read but oh well I didn't qualify.Anyway I would personally prefer Paypal and no visa prepaid gift cards(especially if they charge a maintenance fee). Gift cards to Amazon and most major retailers are okay too.I look forward to qualifying also, the last time I did I had a good experience and would recommend people to join.
footfree
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby 1957horses » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:50 am

wcarl@purchased.com wrote:Hi footfree,

This is Walter from Shopalong. We are still here and would love for you to participate with us again. You are right that currently we offer AGC for rewards and are looking to add in other reward options like PayPal and other gift card choices. We would love to hear your feedback on this.


WOW that was a quick answer, Good Job @wcarl....................... :D

Seems like good costumer service now but what when we have problems and how long before the payoff............ :roll:
User avatar
1957horses
 
Posts: 2652
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby Shopalong » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:01 am

@footfree: Sorry if there was any confusion about reward choices and thanks for the feedback about what you'd like to see from us in the future. Some reward options take longer for to us to get to you (but we can get you AGC right away!), so this is another aspect we are looking into as we consider which reward options to add. And please continue to try to qualify for our assignments - we have some great ones coming!

@1957horses: We pride ourselves on our support and responsiveness. For each assignment we have a team of Shopalong Sidekicks to help you out if you run into any trouble and we aim to get back to you quickly. And in terms of how long before the payoff, once you fully complete the Shopalong assignment you can receive your reward right away (again, if you choose AGC we can get those to you super fast). Let me know if you have any other questions or feedback!
Shopalong
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:47 am

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby 1957horses » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:00 pm

Shopalong wrote:@footfree: Sorry if there was any confusion about reward choices and thanks for the feedback about what you'd like to see from us in the future. Some reward options take longer for to us to get to you (but we can get you AGC right away!), so this is another aspect we are looking into as we consider which reward options to add. And please continue to try to qualify for our assignments - we have some great ones coming!

@1957horses: We pride ourselves on our support and responsiveness. For each assignment we have a team of Shopalong Sidekicks to help you out if you run into any trouble and we aim to get back to you quickly. And in terms of how long before the payoff, once you fully complete the Shopalong assignment you can receive your reward right away (again, if you choose AGC we can get those to you super fast). Let me know if you have any other questions or feedback!


Sure where do I sign up??............................. :D

Amazon you say??................................................ 8)

I'm the queen of amazon, LOVE THEM..................................... :lol:
User avatar
1957horses
 
Posts: 2652
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby footfree » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:50 pm

Sure where do I sign up??............................. :D

Amazon you say??................................................ 8)

I'm the queen of amazon, LOVE THEM..................................... :lol:[/quote]

I got the chance to join them thru another survey site cant remember which one but the name of the company is Chat threads.In order to participate and or sign on you have to have a smartphone and be willing to download their free app.That's all the info I have.
footfree
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby Shopalong » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:12 am

@1957horses: You can sign up to receive invitations for new Shopalong assignments at http://www.shopalongapp.com. Just tell us your first and last name, email address, and type of phone you have. We send out invitations to the email address you provide. When you qualify for your first assignment you complete you registration and then will have a username and password to log into the Android or iPhone app. If you have any questions drop a note here or contact us at help(at)shopalongapp.com!
Shopalong
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:47 am

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby 1957horses » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:33 am

Shopalong wrote:@1957horses: You can sign up to receive invitations for new Shopalong assignments at http://www.shopalongapp.com. Just tell us your first and last name, email address, and type of phone you have. We send out invitations to the email address you provide. When you qualify for your first assignment you complete you registration and then will have a username and password to log into the Android or iPhone app. If you have any questions drop a note here or contact us at help(at)shopalongapp.com!


Well Thank You!!............... :D
User avatar
1957horses
 
Posts: 2652
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby hermit » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:35 am

im interested in joining shopalong. but is it american or can brits join? and how is the payment given? in dollars or other values?
hermit
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby Shopalong » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:07 pm

@1957horses: My pleasure!

@hermit: Thanks for your interest in Shopalong! Right now we are doing U.S.-based assignments for Shopalong (and we reward in U.S. currency for gift codes). However we invite you to sign up at shopalongapp.com to stay up to date with what we're doing. If an assignment is available for our friends across the pond we'll let you know in the invitation. You can always ask us questions at help(at)shopalongapp.com!
Shopalong
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:47 am

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby hermit » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:25 am

fao carl @ shopalong

i got invited to a survey which unfortunantly i didnt manage to qualify for. but i was allowed to fill in my profile to register as a member. im having problems doing so as its not recognising my mobile phone number. it says it must be 10 digits long, and i am in the uk so my phone number is longer, so i was unable to continue to the next page of my profile registering.

please help
hermit
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby Shopalong » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:41 am

Hi @hermit. Sorry for the delay... I think we ended up helping via our Support Desk. Right now we are offering U.S.-based programs. We invite you to continue receiving emails from us so you'll know if and when we offer U.K.-based programs. Thanks so much for your interest in Shopalong!
Shopalong
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:47 am

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby ksedwar » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:34 pm

I just completed my first assignment with Shopalong and am happy with the process.

There were a few issues. My receipt was very hard to read and was even harder to read in the picture of it I uploaded with the Shopalong app.

The Support Desk contacted me by email within an hour and we sorted out everything that they could not see on the receipt. It took 3 emails but I understand. There is no way they could have made out the details without asking me to clarify.

The final survey was very easy as was the other tasks and as soon as I submitted the final survey the Amazon.com Gift Card code was immediately placed on my Shopalong Dashboard.

Nice program! I'm looking forward to more. :wink:
User avatar
ksedwar
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

Postby footfree » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:28 pm

ksedwar wrote:I just completed my first assignment with Shopalong and am happy with the process.

There were a few issues. My receipt was very hard to read and was even harder to read in the picture of it I uploaded with the Shopalong app.

The Support Desk contacted me by email within an hour and we sorted out everything that they could not see on the receipt. It took 3 emails but I understand. There is no way they could have made out the details without asking me to clarify.

The final survey was very easy as was the other tasks and as soon as I submitted the final survey the Amazon.com Gift Card code was immediately placed on my Shopalong Dashboard.

Nice program! I'm looking forward to more. :wink:



Good to know- looking forward to my first assignment.
footfree
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 am

Next

Return to General Online Surveys Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests