Opinion Outpost banned me

Old posts, outdated information. If you're looking for past information, take a look here first.

Moderator: ksedwar

Opinion Outpost banned me

Postby bozeman » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:54 am

Gave me no explanation and took away my points.


Contacted customer service so will post about a response.


Been a loyal member for years now and never had any issue like this.

I have been on a roll lately in terms of qualifying and taking surveys. Have gotten like 60 bucks the last 3 weeks or so, so maybe i am doing too well?

Either way, it's ridiculous but maybe it's an error hopefully. Just makes me wonder though.
bozeman
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:12 am

Re: Opinion Outpost banned me

Postby 1957horses » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:40 pm

bozeman wrote:Gave me no explanation and took away my points.


Contacted customer service so will post about a response.


Been a loyal member for years now and never had any issue like this.

I have been on a roll lately in terms of qualifying and taking surveys. Have gotten like 60 bucks the last 3 weeks or so, so maybe i am doing too well?

Either way, it's ridiculous but maybe it's an error hopefully. Just makes me wonder though.


They froze my account over a year ago and I had $105.00 in my account. Had to go to BBB to get my $$.................. :roll:
User avatar
1957horses
 
Posts: 2658
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Opinion Outpost banned me

Postby rosiesmom » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:49 pm

What in the world is going on?? First of all, I can't even come close to you folks on what you earn. I can't even do $10 a week across the board, all sites included. I say if they can't give you a reasonable explanation in 48 hours, the BBB needs to be involved.
rosiesmom
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Opinion Outpost banned me

Postby rtsl35 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Did you join one of their other survey sites recently? Or are you a member of their other survey sites: Opinion world, survey spot, etc...? If so, this may be why this happened. Even though, they claim it is OK to join their affilates, I tried to join their affilates two different times. And after I was a member with their other sites, a few days after I had a big problem with Opinion Outpost.

So whether this is what happened to you or not, I advise people not to jojn both sites (just choose one or the other).
User avatar
rtsl35
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Opinion Outpost banned me

Postby 1957horses » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:40 pm

rosiesmom wrote:What in the world is going on?? First of all, I can't even come close to you folks on what you earn. I can't even do $10 a week across the board, all sites included. I say if they can't give you a reasonable explanation in 48 hours, the BBB needs to be involved.


This was before OO joined in with SS. you could make quite a bit 2010-2011. All sites been on the decline since 2011 and getting worse every year................. :cry:
User avatar
1957horses
 
Posts: 2658
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Opinion Outpost banned me

Postby rosiesmom » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:10 pm

I think I joined most of the sites I am with in 2011 or 2012. So I am still pretty new to some of these. This is why I hang out with all of you, I learn things. :D
rosiesmom
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Opinion Outpost banned me

Postby bozeman » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:41 am

Well they contacted me after i complained and said it was a " technical error"


Makes me wonder what really happened though and if it was one of those, "lets ban some users with money in their accounts and see if they contact us" type of thing.

Either way, they gave me my money and restored my account.
bozeman
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:12 am

Re: Opinion Outpost banned me

Postby bozeman » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:43 am

rtsl35 wrote:Did you join one of their other survey sites recently? Or are you a member of their other survey sites: Opinion world, survey spot, etc...? If so, this may be why this happened. Even though, they claim it is OK to join their affilates, I tried to join their affilates two different times. And after I was a member with their other sites, a few days after I had a big problem with Opinion Outpost.

So whether this is what happened to you or not, I advise people not to jojn both sites (just choose one or the other).



Actually both me and the wife have accounts on both SS and OO. They did flag us months ago, but i cleared it up and got confirmation that it is perfectly ok.
bozeman
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:12 am

Re: Opinion Outpost banned me

Postby TomServo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm

I joined both Opinion Outpost and Survey Spot without realizing they were the same company. I never got a complaint from them about being a member of both sites.

Ironically enough though, after dumping Survey Spot, I actually seem to get less invites from Opinion Outpost, and after that, even less surveys that can actually be completed. Used to be able to get a $10 cashout from them within a week. Not so much anymore.
TomServo
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Opinion Outpost banned me

Postby swarkel@hotmail.com » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:41 am

I made an account just to post about this after reading threads about it from back in 2012, when I saw you already did! I was just trying to cash out in Paypal as I always do and it kicked me out of the site. When I tried to log back in, it told me my account was frozen for data concerns and to contact the help desk. I sent an email of course, but after reading around, I'm expecting a generic "It could have been x, y, or z, we'll look into it and get back to you" reply. I'm so frustrated, because I haven't been doing anything any differently than I normally do, so I have no idea what these 'data concerns' could be. I'm a relatively new member (only been there a month), but I don't think I can count on my fingers the number of times I completed a survey and got an error/suddenly didn't qualify at the end and wasn't rewarded... still, I've cashed out around $150 so far, so I was willing to put up with it. But now my account is frozen? Ughhh
swarkel@hotmail.com
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:35 am

Re: Opinion Outpost banned me

Postby Huntress » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:45 am

swarkel@hotmail.com wrote:I made an account just to post about this after reading threads about it from back in 2012, when I saw you already did! I was just trying to cash out in Paypal as I always do and it kicked me out of the site. When I tried to log back in, it told me my account was frozen for data concerns and to contact the help desk. I sent an email of course, but after reading around, I'm expecting a generic "It could have been x, y, or z, we'll look into it and get back to you" reply. I'm so frustrated, because I haven't been doing anything any differently than I normally do, so I have no idea what these 'data concerns' could be. I'm a relatively new member (only been there a month), but I don't think I can count on my fingers the number of times I completed a survey and got an error/suddenly didn't qualify at the end and wasn't rewarded... still, I've cashed out around $150 so far, so I was willing to put up with it. But now my account is frozen? Ughhh


I wrote about my similar experience on SP before--here is an excerpt:

When I tried to cashout by logging into Paypal thru OO via Firefox, instead of a confirmation of my transaction, I was greeted by this message!:

Your Opinion Outpost membership has been terminated for non-compliance with Opinion Outpost's Terms & Conditions. From now on you will be denied access to our website. You also lose the right to all accumulated rewards. Terms & Conditions

This was during my first week with OO and my first time trying to cashout, and I couldn't understand what 'term' or 'condition' I possibly could've violated. I always answer truthfully, never posted profanity, etc. in any of my surveys. I had no idea what I did wrong.

Also I was still able to take survey, the points I was trying to redeem remained in my account (iow they weren't taken away).

So I emailed customer service to verify my account was not terminated, and they confirmed it, also confirming my points never got redeemed and offering advice on clearing my cache, etc.

I did everything possible to redeem my points via FF, but kept getting the message my account was terminated every time I tried!

So I closed FF and logged in via IE. Was able to get thru the whole redemption process without any problems.

Now while I still take my surveys in FF I use IE to redeem my points.

My point is maybe something in your browser is triggering the termination message. So try another browser and if that doesn't work, email CS to ask what happened. I think you deserve to know why your account was locked. Please update us if you get a reply as to the reason.
Huntress
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:02 am

Re: Opinion Outpost banned me

Postby ssssurvey » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:57 pm

I wouldn't sweat it. They pay crappy, but they are fair. Do you belong to another one of their sites? That may be it. Do you have more than one person logging on from the same IP address? That could be the issue too. They are not scam artists. They will do the right thing.
ssssurvey
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:50 am

Re: Opinion Outpost banned me

Postby ironmaiden » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:32 am

Both my accounts at OO and SS have been frozen due to data concerns??? I have been a member for over 10 years. Only had one other problem when my points were stolen and they claimed my account had been hacked. Made me think it was an inside job. They finally restored my points but it took several months. It really makes me mad because of the amount of points I have. I just wonder how long it will take to hear from them..
ironmaiden
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 8:48 pm


Return to Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests