Providing SSI Number On Survey Sites

Major1

I am a member of many Survey Sites and so far only one (Tik Tik Cash) has stated, I must submit My Social Security Number in order to get Paid.

I am hesitant and would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Thank You

Your Social Security Number is something that you should keep private and provide to an organization only if absolutely necessary.

There is information regarding providing your social security number to private businesses here: http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs10-ssn.htm#4. Basically it says that a private business can request your SSN and although by law you are not required to provide it, they can refuse to provide you with a service if you refuse.

There is nothing referencing an SSN in order to get paid by the site you mentioned. Check out their Terms of Use:

A.10) REDEMPTION PROCESS REQUIREMENTS. TikTikCash members must: (a) provide and submit their email address and password which has been verified by TikTikCash (b) provide and submit their current mailing address © provide and submit their correct first name (d) sign-up, get approved for and activate (where applicable) membership, free trial or requirements posted by TikTikCash. In some cases incentive for surveys offers and other offers will show a pending approval for 6 to 8 weeks, till we are paid from the advertisers. Minimum payment threshold is approved $100 USD in your account. You have to accumalate $100 USD in your account for redemption. We pay our members through Paypal once you reach the minimum payment threshold. We don't mail checks to any participants in our survey panel, 100% of the payments are processed by paypal. You can get your free paypal account at www.paypal.com and you can update your information anytime by login here.

Cancellation: Signup with free trials may carry a shipping charge and after the free trial, you may be charged by the advertiser. Its totally individuals resposibility to cancel it by email the advertiser for cancellation for services or product brought, if you don't want to continue.

You may wish to point this out to them and question why they are asking you for such a private piece of information. If they do not give you a satisfactory reply or if you still have doubts, take your business elsewhere.

P.S. The site you mentioned is not run by a market research company - they are more of a gpt (get paid to) website.

No WAY would I ever do that!! I've been asked to provide my home address and how many people are in my household, but that should be enough for verification that you are who you say you are. Your SS number should not come into play - what, are they going to report your $5 as income?? It is completely unnecessary for them to have this information.

The only site I've had to give my SSN to is Surveyspot via an IRS form because I earned over 600 dollars during the year. That should be the ONLY time your SSN is needed.