Surveys Topics That We Like

Tellwut

What kind of survey topics do you folks like? And what kind of survey structure? I was just wondering.

Also to save you trouble before anyone responds with: Any topic as long as a qualify, I'll take care of that for you :10_wink:

• Like 1

Anything that actually asks me questions about new potential products, rather than asking me a million questions about the products I already use, or about the advertising of those products. Especially if they're about new potential products in things I really care about, being mainly the categories of food (including both restaurants and groceries), travel (airlines, hotels, cruises, other transportation, etc.), or financial (credit cards, bank accounts, etc.) But not if they're about advertisements of those - then they're just about advertisements, it doesn't matter what they're advertising. Advertisement surveys are boring. Surveys that ask about actual products in those spaces that are existing products are ok too, but I only get excited when they ask about new products.

Obviously also especially any product where I get to actually try the product. ;) I miss getting those - haven't gotten one of those in ages.

And I agree with peach6, political ones can be interesting, too, as long as they're sufficiently unbiased, but also, that these days I just want to stop even thinking about politics, cause it's gotten too depressing.

As far as "structure"... doesn't really matter, as long as it's not too repetitive, doesn't ask me the same question multiple times, doesn't ask me the same question multiple times, doesn't keep repeating itself, and doesn't ask me the same question multiple times. ;) And as long as it's never a giant grid of checkboxes mapping multiple companies to multiple adjectives, especially the ones where I can tell they're just using it to anonymize the one and only one company they actually even care about the results of. Other than that, I'm pretty flexible.

• Like 4

I can tolerate just about any topic. What I hate are the oversize grids (wider/longer than the screen) or too many grids. Also , ones that want opinions on stores that are not in our area. Just focus on those we can actually shop at! It seems that all too often , surveys focus on chains in areas other than those in the northeast.

One other type are ones where the survey assumes we consume something (like coffee) or have certain behaviors (drug abuser) with no opt outs.

• Like 3

1. Short daily Mintvine poll

2. Just about anything from Paidviewpoint

3. The TV Pop Rewards Survey on QuickRewards that gives me 30 cents each day, for only 5 min of my time

4. All of the short 2-3 min surveys on Amazon Turk that normally pay 25-50 cents each

5. Any political survey/poll as long as it takes me under 5 min to complete

Surveys that screen me out quickly are appreciated.  Don't beat around the bush and collect a bunch of info before screenout.  Ask the screenout questions.  

I hate pulldowns.  

I like it when the demographics are collected at the end of the survey.

• Like 1

For me that isn't an easy question to answer. I like doing most surveys that make sense and are programmed correctly. I like surveys that actually check your profile and not ask me a bunch of questions that don't pertain to me. Just about any topic is fine except medical and financial because they go on and on. so political, current events and eve shopping will do just fine.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2017 at 4:58 PM, paulgro said:

For me that isn't an easy question to answer. I like doing most surveys that make sense and are programmed correctly. I like surveys that actually check your profile and not ask me a bunch of questions that don't pertain to me. Just about any topic is fine except medical and financial because they go on and on. so political, current events and eve shopping will do just fine.

I agree. I will slog through any survey I get , but prefer ones that are logically programmed. In addition to the medical and financial ones , I also don't like the insurance ones for the same reason - they tend to go on forever.

Regardless of the survey topic , the worst thing is when the survey routes you to another site to be done and then upon completion does not return you to the original site for credit.

• Like 2

I have had this problem lately . . . never routed back to get credit.  I pay attention to the URL and will not complete surveys directed through VIP Voice . . . I never get credit.  And there is another one that is routed through Lightspeed where they ask you about new products.   I have done this one at least three times and am never routed back to get credit.  I hate that they have all my data and don't pay me for it!

Agree with much of the above. I like surveys that are relatively short. 10 minutes or under. The ones I actually enjoy doing are the ones that are unique. Most of those seem to come from academia. Political surveys can be interesting at times. Being in CA I get a lot of proposition surveys in election years. Some of those are actually informative.

I also enjoy the ones where I can give my real opinions about social issues, etc.

Unless it is a new product or involves coffee, which I have an interest in, then ones about cars, grocery shopping, financial products, etc. are just too run of the mill to be of much interest. Not that I don't do them for the money. IOW, don't bore me to death.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Kind new. Agree about insurance, cars (millions) and financial. Anything by Ampario, I hate their surveys.  Some I can't remember but just avoid. New products are great. Some of the university ones have been interesting but they are few and I have been burned. Your Surveys, I am also not crazy about. they have an arbitrary rating system and bad customer service.

I really like Brain Juicer.  they are usually a good length. They ask open ended questions but you can pick from what others have said. They have the pictures of a girl with varying expressions. Magazines and covers are good. I like the Pop TV surveys and even try to watch commercials for that survey. it is kind of a test for my brain.

Some surveys go on forever and keep swiching topics, like it starts out as a cellphone survey and then your ask about other things.  It becomes when will this survey end, please just end. In the beginning I loved movie surveys now I avoid them. They can get really long and switch topics.  There is a survey where they show you a movie trailer in the middle and only ask how it loads. they act like they are treating you. They are not.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Also, I dread just a few more questions. I love when I get to the classification questions because I know it is wrapping up.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 8:32 AM, alfigler said:

I have had this problem lately . . . never routed back to get credit.  I pay attention to the URL and will not complete surveys directed through VIP Voice . . . I never get credit.  And there is another one that is routed through Lightspeed where they ask you about new products.   I have done this one at least three times and am never routed back to get credit.  I hate that they have all my data and don't pay me for it!

Do you have an ad-blocker on your browser?  I've noticed that sometimes mine interferes with surveys or routing.

One other format item that I hate is putting a CAPTCHA in the middle of a survey , especially when we had to do one to access the site initially! Makes no sense. There also has to be a better way to prove we are human than the Google reCAPTCHA.