TV Vision Panel with SIS Research?

Njsurveyman

I am a member of SIS Research, which mostly handles higher paying focus groups and I recently received an email invitation to join their TV viewer panel for $250 for a 6 month period. Supposedly they come to your home, install some kind of TV monitor device, and you just collect the money. I took the invitation survey and qualified, but very concerned that this device would also record video and sound in my household, which is a big NO NO obviously. Has anyone else done this panel for TV Vision before? I will be asking them all these questions of course if they contact me, but would like to know ahead of time what I could be getting into by folks on here. 

I think they used to put boxes on peoples tvs in the old days or have you write down everything everyone in the house hold watches.  I remember my household did that with the paper log for a week  decades ago.

But in this day and age it seems to me that they wouldn't need a box, they could just get the information from your cable company or your tv account. I wouldn't trust a box either and if I had one I'd cover it so it can't record video in my home.

Yeah, after looking at their website, it appears these "boxes" can detect facial emotions while watching television, but not invade on your privacy. Sounds like BS to me because if it can see your emotions, it is obvuously video recording your home. Either way, they haven't contacted me yet, so not too concerned about it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 9:55 AM, MunnyHunny said:

Should be $250 a month. These "research" companies make me sick.

As the economy stagnates, and ppl look for additional income online, market research in general pays less and less unfortunately....

On 9/21/2017 at 2:52 PM, Spazmobot said:

As the economy stagnates, and ppl look for additional income online, market research in general pays less and less unfortunately....

Yep. Unfortunately, there are enough willing participants who don't know any better, or are getting desperate.