Advice on checking gift certificates

footfree

This is for anyone redeeming points to get a gift certificate from survey companies.I remember someone once saying they redeemed points and got a gift certificate and it wasn't any good.Not sure but it may have been  Harris Poll or it was another company.Anyway I would say to any newbie to always check the amount  and not take it for granted that it's good.

8 minutes ago, footfree said:

This is for anyone redeeming points to get a gift certificate from survey companies.I remember someone once saying they redeemed points and got a gift certificate and it wasn't any good.Not sure but it may have been  Harris Poll or it was another company.Anyway I would say to any newbie to always check the amount  and not take it for granted that it's good.

Good advice, footfree.

When something like that happens it's usually a result of the gift card supplier making an error.

However the majority of time when I've dealt with this, it's usually the cashier at the store making an error when accepting the gift card.

1 hour ago, footfree said:

I think it was me and it was Harris Poll a few years ago I was a little embarrassed at the checkout when it didn't go through I notified Harris and they sent me another but that was when they were good at getting back with you now don't think you would hear back from them..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, peach6 said:

I think it was me and it was Harris Poll a few years ago I was a little embarrassed at the checkout when it didn't go through I notified Harris and they sent me another but that was when they were good at getting back with you now don't think you would hear back from them..

And when they had a better reason to believe people.With all the hacking going on I'm not sure they would believe us anymore.But you stand a better chance if you tell them as soon as you were to receive the gc then later down the road.