You Gov old subject new perspective

footfree

My daughter just did one this summer for them and she got a $5 Amazon card for it.  I took it as well and got points.  They have never stiffed my kid, not yet anyway. 

22 minutes ago, rosiesmom said:

My daughter just did one this summer for them and she got a $5 Amazon card for it.  I took it as well and got points.  They have never stiffed my kid, not yet anyway. 

I haven't been with them very long but I like the way you always seem to qualify and the surveys are not very long

1 hour ago, peach6 said:

I haven't been with them very long but I like the way you always seem to qualify and the surveys are not very long

Yeah for the most part they are really good - not quitting over what they did ,but I wont do the extra point again.

Why didn't I listen to my own advice?Got a survey this morning said it paid 1500 points for 20 minutes and I preceded to do it.Then it switched over to theri regular questions and then what happens at the end?I only received 500 points.I knew I should have taken a screen shot.Did anyone else get this.It was about using Andriod Pay.See I hate when they lie about this thing.Plus I'm like 1500 points from cashing out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, footfree said:

Why didn't I listen to my own advice?Got a survey this morning said it paid 1500 points for 20 minutes and I preceded to do it.Then it switched over to theri regular questions and then what happens at the end?I only received 500 points.I knew I should have taken a screen shot.Did anyone else get this.It was about using Andriod Pay.See I hate when they lie about this thing.Plus I'm like 1500 points from cashing out.

I came here to rant about this because, yes, I just got screwed by the same off-site Android Pay survey from them.

6 hours ago, NaomiNo said:

I came here to rant about this because, yes, I just got screwed by the same off-site Android Pay survey from them.

Well this isn't the first time this has happened to me.Although they did switch it up this time.They gave me this survey first then preceded with the 500 point survey.The other times this has happened I have emailed them about it and they never responded to my email.I have to admit I'm afraid to complain right now because I'm so close to cash out.By chance did you email them about this?

My advice for this is to do a screen shot of where they say they will pay you  1500 points and email it to them.If they don't respond then go to the BBB.However last time I did this to Harris Poll they kicked me out their company.This is why I'm not taking any chances until after I get paid by them. I'm mean only 1500 to get my $100......... ya not taking the chance right now.

I did contact them, will let you know what (if anything...) they reply back with.  This particular bit of sneakiness was a first for me as well.  I've also gotten the shaft in the past when they asked if I wanted to take another survey, I said yes, but then only received points for one - it only took one time for me to never do THAT again.  But this wasn't like that, we went into one survey and then it just automatically rerouted to a YouGov poll after the survey instead of the usual end page where they ask if questions were unbiased, were there any technical problems, etc;

Got a reply back:

I apologize for any complications encountered while participating in a recent survey. Our records indicate that you did not qualify for this survey and were screened out.

To compensate for your time and efforts, a credit of 750 points will be added to your account. Thank you for your continued participation with YouGov.

I definitely took the whole boring and tedious survey... but there's no point in fighting about it since I have no way of proving that.  Considering they got back to me quickly AND were willing to offer something as compensation, that's a lot better than what most other companies would do so not a bad outcome!

I contacted them using the zendesk red (?)Support button on the lower left hand side of their site if you want to try.

20 hours ago, footfree said:

Yep I did it as well and I definitely did the ENTIRE survey. There is no way that they can claim we all were screened out. How can you be screened out of a survey that was FULLY completed? This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. 

I just got stung on the 1500 point survey.  It didn't have a lot of questions, but as soon as I gave them the answers, it went to another survey for 500 points.  I rarely get a dq on YouGov, but once in a great while I do.  The thing is, I never know that it has occurred.  Wow. 

3 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

I just got stung on the 1500 point survey.  It didn't have a lot of questions, but as soon as I gave them the answers, it went to another survey for 500 points.  I rarely get a dq on yougov, but once in a great while I do.  The thing is, I never know that it has occurred.  Wow. 

They use to ask you if you would like to continue and earn a potential extra 1500 .Now they have stuck it in front,if you don't qualify then they should state so then ask if you want to continue- Otherwise I think people are finding this underhanded and deceitful-which it really is.I seem to get burned more times then not when they ask me to do these.NaomiNo got lucky and they gave them the extra points ,they have never ever offered to do that for me.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2017 at 8:29 PM, footfree said:

I got stiffed on one or 2 of their surveys .It was the ones that asked if you would like to continue for extra points.I did it and never got my points even after I complained.I wont do any extra point surveys for them anymore.Actually one was fro my daughter so she wont do it either -like I have always said it is one thing to steal from me but don't you dare steal from my kid.

Unless you are absolutely certain that the survey you are taking is from the site the survey was created by never take anything for additional points. These sites have surveys routed to them and they never edit out the extra section. Not sure if that is true for YouGov but is true in general.

Got a survey this morning and they only asked me like 6 to 8 questions and was paid 500 points so that wasn't bad.Kinda makes up for not getting 1500 points.Even though it really shouldn't ,at least it made me feel a little better.

22 hours ago, footfree said:

if you don't qualify then they should state so then ask if you want to continue- Otherwise I think people are finding this underhanded and deceitful-which it really is.

And that is my problem with that particular survey. It never stated that I didn't qualify. It just continued on for the entire 20 minutes. And yes it is underhanded and sneaky. 

• Like 1