Why I love OneOpinion

neminem

So yes, they've started paying worse on average, but still, they actually care about you. I know with survey sites, as with a lot of things online, you aren't the customer, you're the product, but OneOpinion doesn't seem to have gotten that particular memo.

I don't do surveys as much as I used to - of the sites that let you take surveys whenever you want, instead of just emailing you surveys occasionally, I'm pretty much down to just two: QuickThoughts, because the pay is pretty solid and because you can use it while on the toilet, and OneOpinion. Of the last four surveys I've completed (as opposed to being screened out), I have been a whopping zero for four on actually getting credit for them (as opposed to being told I didn't qualify at the end, after the survey was over). Two of them were from QT, which has been a couple days and hasn't responded to either of them yet, and I bet the response in both cases is going to be "too bad, sometimes things don't work, and we don't really care, so you're not getting bupkis from us". The other two were from OneOpinion, both at lunch today. I've already received responses from OneOpinion about both of them, promising that I'll receive the points. I also took the time to extra-complain about how badly both of those surveys paid (I generally try taking them anyway, in case the estimate was wrong, unless I recognize the site as being a chronic under-payer), and in one of the two instances, they actually paid me 3x what the survey was supposed to have paid, putting it way more in line with what it should have paid to begin with. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 4:17 PM, neminem said:

So yes, they've started paying worse on average, but still, they actually care about you. I know with survey sites, as with a lot of things online, you aren't the customer, you're the product, but OneOpinion doesn't seem to have gotten that particular memo.

I don't do surveys as much as I used to - of the sites that let you take surveys whenever you want, instead of just emailing you surveys occasionally, I'm pretty much down to just two: QuickThoughts, because the pay is pretty solid and because you can use it while on the toilet, and OneOpinion. Of the last four surveys I've completed (as opposed to being screened out), I have been a whopping zero for four on actually getting credit for them (as opposed to being told I didn't qualify at the end, after the survey was over). Two of them were from QT, which has been a couple days and hasn't responded to either of them yet, and I bet the response in both cases is going to be "too bad, sometimes things don't work, and we don't really care, so you're not getting bupkis from us". The other two were from OneOpinion, both at lunch today. I've already received responses from OneOpinion about both of them, promising that I'll receive the points. I also took the time to extra-complain about how badly both of those surveys paid (I generally try taking them anyway, in case the estimate was wrong, unless I recognize the site as being a chronic under-payer), and in one of the two instances, they actually paid me 3x what the survey was supposed to have paid, putting it way more in line with what it should have paid to begin with. :)

Thanks for this. i have signed up because of this thread and another below that stated it had good customer support. I have had it with some other sites.  I will have to get used to the points system a little. I am used to Mintvine and Swagbacks, but that is minor.