Rate of pay

Avemaria92

I remember around 08' when the economy went bad.. surveys were soon to follow in how much they paid out.. Anyone think since the economy is better we should be making more money per survey again?  I guess it's kind of hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube. 

• Like 1

While a nice idea, it will never, ever happen.  Companies already have their answer as to whether or not people will spend longer and longer periods of time for less and less money: they will.  If every single person who takes surveys truly had higher standards and walked away from every single one of these companies when they lowered the value of their points or gave out less money for longer surveys, none of them would be left after almost 10 years.  But clearly there is no shortage of people willing to do it and we are all complicit in one way or another.  So what incentive do they have to go back to paying more for work that they definitely know they can get away with paying less for?  I believe this will happen as much as I believe airlines will stop charging baggage fees - it's simply too profitable and they've created a new (and crappy) normal for the rest of us to adhere by.

but those analyzing the data have to know they're not getting much effort if these companies don't pay properly..  unless you're doing it truly to make your opinion known.. but no one is kidding anyone.. how many people do this for less than minimum wage because they want their opinion known?  It used to be worth it but it's not anymore..

• Like 1