Usability Hub

Njsurveyman

After reviewing a beer money forum, I saw many folks were ranting and raving about a website called Usability Hub. It is similar to Mechanical Turk a little bit, but does not have nearly as many surveys or as this site calls it, tests, to do. It seems many large designer companies rely on ordinary people like us for input and feedback on logos and designs. I just signed up and it took me only 2 min to sign up as a TESTER. If any of you want to give this company a try, make sure you sign up as a tester. If you see a question asking what company you work for, you are filling out the wrong sign up link. (I almost did by mistake)

As soon as I signed up, I already received one test (survey) to complete. All their surveys are about 2-3 min long at most. But some questions are open ended. Each survey pays 10 cents, and the minumum to cash out via PAYPAL is $10. I honestly don't know how long it will take to reach the minimum because I just signed up and took my one and only survey available today. The site appears to be mobile friendly to take surveys, but not mobile friendly to check/correct account information. If anyone else feels like signing up, tell me what you think. 

I have been with them for a week and only two surveys so far. The second survey had bad graphics and couldnt even see the images. I had to just BS my answers.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Usabilityhub, its a slow earner, but its one you don't even need to check.  Just enable push notifications and sound, every time there is a test you get notified.

My last payment was $19.90 on 11th October, I'm already on 56 credits, so over half way through being able to cash out again.

Takes me 1 - 2 months to reach $10 and that's without checking.  

It's not a good site unless you are on your computer/laptop lots or keep it running a lot of the time.  So it's not a site that will work if you only log on your computer for 5 mins twice a day.

Yeah, I only do it from my phone and only have 6 credits so far. For some reason, I always get logged out on my phone. How long do new tasks last on the site? 

• 6 months later...

Yield is low but effort is super low too. Some interesting surveys, usually deciding layouts of web sites or apps

• 2 weeks later...

I like them, I've made $30 this year. But the last time I cashed out they said something about the quality of my answers being an issue and now I'm getting hardly any notifications. It really sucks, because I try hard and don't just fool around with them. 

• 1 year later...

They are now called Usercrowd. I finally reached the $10 minimum and cashed out yesterday, however no paypal payment received yet. Anyone know how long they take to actually pay? 

• 5 weeks later...

I have stalled at $4 for 6 months. I no longer receive email invitations, or browser notifications. I check from bookmark nearly daily and have notifications active .

I'm at 92% reputation rating. I contacted support and they replied with standard form letter that was of no help.

Is anyone else experiencing throttling?

They only started sending me notifications via email for tasks a few months ago.  They took about a month to finally pay me via paypal and it took me over a year to finally reach the $10 minimum to cash out.  However, if you haven't heard from them in 6 months, that would concern me since I have been receiving at least 2-3 email invites per week.  However, they fill up very quickly.  If I don't log in within 10 minutes after an email invite, the study is normally filled.  I do find some of their tasks to be very annoying especially when they ask why you to chose a certain image or icon to click on.  

• 11 months later...
On 9/20/2019 at 4:13 PM, schludermann said:

I have stalled at $4 for 6 months. I no longer receive email invitations, or browser notifications. I check from bookmark nearly daily and have notifications active .

I'm at 92% reputation rating. I contacted support and they replied with standard form letter that was of no help.

Is anyone else experiencing throttling?

It's a year later and I'm now at $5.30. At this rate, I should be able to cash out after the next presidental administration.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Problem with this site is that if you don't do a survey task as soon as you are notified via email, it becomes unavailable. I miss out on most invitations since I dont check my email every 5 minutes. It sucks since their survey tasks are mostly simple and quick.