What is going on with Ipsos and Harris Poll?

Cdw

Thanks for posting this. I've been doing surveys steady for a year and have started experiencing purges from other companies, like Pinecone, Pointsclub, mysurvey and their behavior is to just shut off the feed of available surveys. The survey panel goes silent.

I've been doing surveys online since 2001. There have never been any issues with any sites , other than a hacking of my account on Crowdology , until the past 6 months or so. The problems in the last 6 months are:

- mysurvey - Things would be going fine and then my account was either marked inactive or locked. They did work on that issue and it was tied to my IP address and ISP (CompuServe via AOL). They did resolve it and there have been no further issues (so far). That at least came out on the positive side and their support people were helpful. For a while , though , it did look like I was done there.

- Pinecone - Had no issues with them until late Spring. At that time , all of the survey invites lead to either "not available in your area" (made no sense) or "you have already completed the survey". About mid-Summer , all invites ceased. Emails to "Karen Scott" were either answered with a canned response that did not address the queries or not responded to at all. Finally , after 2+ months , I received a response saying that I was removed from the panel as a periodic freshening. No thank you for your 16+ years. My account is still alive and I did redeem the points.

- Harris - Invites were coming steady through 6/21 , then suddenly ceased. Emails to support , Facebook messages to same , and calls to the company (they are here in town) have never been responded to. Again , the account is active and I was able to redeem as many points as possible.

It would seem that I too have been dropped from both Pinecone and Harris without having done anything wrong. Odd - both are owned by Nielsen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, episemion said:

I've been doing surveys online since 2001. There have never been any issues with any sites , other than a hacking of my account on Crowdology , until the past 6 months or so. The problems in the last 6 months are:

- MySurvey - Things would be going fine and then my account was either marked inactive or locked. They did work on that issue and it was tied to my IP address and ISP (CompuServe via AOL). They did resolve it and there have been no further issues (so far). That at least came out on the positive side and their support people were helpful. For a while , though , it did look like I was done there.

- Pinecone - Had no issues with them until late Spring. At that time , all of the survey invites lead to either "not available in your area" (made no sense) or "you have already completed the survey". About mid-Summer , all invites ceased. Emails to "Karen Scott" were either answered with a canned response that did not address the queries or not responded to at all. Finally , after 2+ months , I received a response saying that I was removed from the panel as a periodic freshening. No thank you for your 16+ years. My account is still alive and I did redeem the points.

- Harris - Invites were coming steady through 6/21 , then suddenly ceased. Emails to support , Facebook messages to same , and calls to the company (they are here in town) have never been responded to. Again , the account is active and I was able to redeem as many points as possible.

It would seem that I too have been dropped from both Pinecone and Harris without having done anything wrong. Odd - both are owned by Nielsen.

I really do believe that even if you have done nothing wrong when they  longer need you whether it's your age or race or whatever they will get rid of you it doesn't seem to matter how long you have been with them or that you have been reliable they will stop sending you surveys and that's the first hint that your time is up.I think it's really a shame the way they treat us and if it wasn't for us they wouldn't have a business.

On 10/20/2017 at 12:31 PM, Cdw said:

I have been kicked out of both Ipsos and Harris Poll for "quality issues" even though I have been a member of their panels since 2011.  I was at least able to get my points out of Ipsos, but have been unable to get them out of Harris Poll. Has anyone else run into a similar situation?

Like I said in my other post I got kicked for going to the BBB- they lied and said it was quality issues, but really?Who got kicked to the curb right after going there?That was clear as days.Not sure about Ipsos I have never heard of them kicking anyone out.Tried to log on and find out how long I have been with them however I cant find where it says this.I thinking I started doing surveys somewhere back in 2000 to 2005.But in real life they like to purge older people and get fresh blood.Like they are the only people with disposable money......

• Like 1