SwagBucks is using 36 Trackers!!

schludermann

I A few months ago installed the EFF privacy Badger, Ghostery redirection throttling browser extension and cookie cleaner to see what was happening.  I did this because I was experiencing a streak of blocked survey opportunities that claimed I had already completed when in fact it was mt first time.  Purging all cookies that were introduced during a survey session, stopped this. It also caused some panels to forget my login info.  Over the few months I noticed trends. Higher quality, low hype panels like Mintvine, i-say, Pinecone, Mills, Nice had low single digit trackers or none at all.  Some survey sites, like Qualtrics completely stopped loading pages , or would not completely draw a page, unless the tracker was granted access. Often there were at least 10 trackers involved.  The seedier sites that relied on hyper, like PointClub, Swagbucks, or any GPT program could deploy over 20 simultaneous trackers.  What prompted me to post my observations was watching Swagbucks go to 36 trackers.

Has anyone else been monitor the survey panels and the tracker activity?

GPT websites heavily rely on ad revenue to operate so you will see many more trackers and ads on them. With Swagbucks you can get banned for blocking ads and other trackers so it isn't a good idea to do it. They need to earn their money to pay us our money.

Every website that connects to Swagbucks activities needs to be whitelisted or just turn off blockers when doing Swagbucks. Clearing your browsers cookies/cache/history is fine. Blocking it isn't.

30 minutes ago, ksedwar said:

GPT websites heavily rely on ad revenue to operate so you will see many more trackers and ads on them. With Swagbucks you can get banned for blocking ads and other trackers so it isn't a good idea to do it. They need to earn their money to pay us our money.

Every website that connects to Swagbucks activities needs to be whitelisted or just turn off blockers when doing Swagbucks. Clearing your browsers cookies/cache/history is fine. Blocking it isn't.

I don't block, because I can't do anything. I do think they should be more transparent about the degree of tracking. I've read some the TOC and TOS for these sites and the need is often written as an incidental.  In all honesty when I encounter a high tracking panel, I work to making the first payout threshold, get paid and downgrade my participation  with notes why I don't engage regularly. 

I use the vanilla cookie manager extension in Chrome. I only use the Chrome browser to do Swagbucks. I have a number of open Swagbucks' tabs at any time. You have to whitelist things like *.swagbucks.com in the cookie manager for Swagbucks to work. Every so often I clear out the cookies via a toolbar icon for VCM. I just cleared 1245 cookies by various sites that were not whitelisted via VCM. Clearing those non-whitelisted cookies has no effect on running anything. So you can get rid of the trackers w/o having to resign into anything. Very few sites need to be whitelisted. *google.com, *reddit.com, twitter, facebook is all I have whitelisted and I use those sites only for Swagbucks' purposes.

I have an old smartphone that i use to run the apps and use my tablet in Desktop mode for nCrave. Then I do Jungroup or Ngage (that's been MIA forever) in about 20% of the left side of my screen. That way I can do surveys and web surfing in the browser and I also use Vanilla cookie manager and Chrome. I also use Ublock but I have a big whitelist that is also backed up so I can import it into other browsers if needed. Every window that pops up for Swagbucks activities gets whitelisted.

Oct, Nov and Dec are the best months for earning SBs but you kind of have to ignore everything that you learn about using the internet safely when earning SBs. Turn off adblocking or whitelist questionable website, allow popups, click ads, regularly give some personal info, etc. I was doing great at the first of Oct but the surveys have almost disappeared the last week or so. Hopefully they pick back up.

In the evening after I have done nCrave on my tablet for a while this one will run over and over using Chrome PC and you can get through both rounds in under 2 minutes. It adds up quick and I have made 100s of SBs over the last few weeks with it. You have to wait about 15 to 20 seconds between rounds or you get the error message. Also refresh the browser every 6 or 7 rounds or it will freeze the browser.

nCrave.JPG

• Like 1

Mine does freeze up.  It takes me all day to make 20 SB when I let it run.  I have missed my daily goals, the first one even, because I am not getting surveys from them.  It is weird.  I did better in the summer when I wasn't working and could mess with it most of the day.  Now that I am back to work I don't even get the Swag Codes.  No notification, and I can't get signal in my new building.  How do you get through both rounds in under 2 minutes? 

16 minutes ago, rosiesmom said:

How do you get through both rounds in under 2 minutes?

For the Island Slideshows there are 9 pages per round and the timer between pages is only 2 seconds. I got a new Wifi router earlier this year and that helped with doing nCrave. If you have a tablet then they seem to run even better than on a PC browser. Probably because fewer background processes run on a tablet. The Island Slideshows are all I do on my PC. The rest I do on the tablet.

I use my laptop for everything.  I have sat through those things for ours and gotten very few points for it.  We are due for a new WiFi router, so I might put the spouse into looking for one.

I bought a Netgear N750 from Walmart for around $80.00. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but now I'm glad I did it. I didn't realize how much of a difference it would make. My old Belkin 150 still worked but it just couldn't handle all of the Wifi traffic now compared to when I bought it around 10 years ago.

18 hours ago, ksedwar said:

I bought a Netgear N750 from Walmart for around $80.00. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but now I'm glad I did it. I didn't realize how much of a difference it would make. My old Belkin 150 still worked but it just couldn't handle all of the Wifi traffic now compared to when I bought it around 10 years ago.

IMO one of the better sites is smallnetbuilder.com. Frequent updates of new routers and ratings of the new routers. I bought a new router a few years ago. New functions including traffic prioritization. Useful if you have a VOIP phone and need to give priority to phone traffic. Beam forming capabilities to get better wifi reception. Better support for gaming, multiple people streaming at one time. Support for IPV6 which is the new net IP naming. Etc. Etc.

New routers are great. I was surprised at how much I was missing out on. Netgear has the Genie mobile app and desktop software to control everything from any device connected to the Wifi. A Guest channel, IPV6 compatible, etc. It also has a USB port so you can plug in a flash drive or portable drive and turn the Wifi router into a wireless media streaming device and you can access the USB storage through the Genie software from any device that is logged into the Wifi router. I now feel like a good Wifi router is an investment worth making.