Jump to content

Netflix vs Hulu


natofborg

Recommended Posts

I first received Netflix as a gift subscription, and liked it enough to continue using it.  I currently have a basic streaming, one DVD in the mail plan.  Have to say I love the site and can always find something to amuse myself with.  My mother has Amazon, and I'm able to 'piggyback' on her subscription, and she on my Netflix one, which means even more stuff to watch.  Considering going to see a movie in the theatre these days can be well over 10 bucks for a non matinee film,  these kind of services are great deals.  I'm seriously considering cutting back on cable as most of what I watch any more is online. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
dawn_b_adams

I know this is regarding Netflix vs Hulu, but since I bought my new Ipad, I now have one year free subscription to Apple+ TV. They are kinda of a newbie among the subscription services. There is at least one show, The Morning Show, that I am very interested in watching. I’ll have to explore and see what else they have. After the year is up, the price to subscribe is $4.99/month. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I like Netflix ok but damn, seems like there is really never anything on there i want to watch. I get it free through a friend's(next door neighbor's) account in exchange for letting her use my wifi. On a side note I've never tried Hulu. I have Roku and love it though. So many possibilities. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
NevadaJones

I find enough to watch on Netflix to keep me using it. Of course, I'm not paying for it either. :lol: Share an account with my daughter, and she pays. :91_thumbsup:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 2:34 PM, seven said:

I like Netflix ok but damn, seems like there is really never anything on there i want to watch. I get it free through a friend's(next door neighbor's) account in exchange for letting her use my wifi. On a side note I've never tried Hulu. I have Roku and love it though. So many possibilities. 

Seriously?  I find that Netflix has content for just about any interest. Which begs the question what sort of things do you like to watch? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, seven said:

I LOVE YOUTUBE.COM. 

Can't say I've ever tried the expanded paid versions of YouTube, but I do like the regular one.  Pretty amazing all the random stuff you can find there,  I was watching one the other day with people going through the new Star Wars world at Disney which was fun, and around Halloween I watched one with folks going through the Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios.  Kind of like getting to see the thing without being there. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
NevadaJones

I've gotten kind of hooked on these "just walking around the city" videos on YouTube. And that's exactly what they are: some dude (who you rarely actually see) shooting POV video while walking around a city, New York, Paris, London, etc., sometimes with narration, other times not. No clue why I'm so infatuated with these really "not much going on" videos. I have to do some soul searching. Or maybe talk to a therapist. :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 9:19 PM, Cliche01 said:

Seriously?  I find that Netflix has content for just about any interest. Which begs the question what sort of things do you like to watch? 

I have a short attention span. Which negates how much interest i can have at any given time. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 6:10 AM, seven said:

I have a short attention span. Which negates how much interest i can have at any given time. 

Fair enough, case solved.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
rosiesmom

We recently cut the cable and realized we were addicted to cable TV.  We signed up for Netflix, which I love, then Amazon Prime, then I added Curiosity Stream, and now we have Philo.  We were paying $120 just for cable TV, and now we get almost everything we want for under $40. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

We recently cut the cable and realized we were addicted to cable TV.  We signed up for Netflix, which I love, then Amazon Prime, then I added Curiosity Stream, and now we have Philo.  We were paying $120 just for cable TV, and now we get almost everything we want for under $40. 

I am seriously considering doing something like that myself as I find most everything I watch now is online.  Probably not totally cut cable, but go to a basic package sort of combo.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...