Toluna out of business- I wonder if this is true

footfree

Went looking to file on them and  over at this web site it says they think they are out of business.This was for Illinois however the one in Dallas didn't make this statement.Plus they aren't even accredited but I still will file against them if I have to . Does anyone know which State I would file against for  the furry club for Toluna ?

I did send them another message

Not sure why you sent a email  to everyone saying to expect payment in a week if not before if you had no intentions of paying us.Plus if you are running late why cant you let people know that you are?I have talked to others in a forum about not being paid and that now you are being rude to people when they ask for payment.This is not how you treat people who were helping you .If I do not get some type of compensation soon you will leave me no other choice then to go to the BBB about this.A little respect and a definite answer as to when we will paid is all I am asking for.

.https://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/market-survey-companies/toluna-usa-in-buffalo-grove-il-88371721

I googled Toluna BBB and something in Wilton, CT comes up as the first result but when I click on the page it gives me a 404 error.  Frankly, the BBB is just a hot mess of misinformation and I wasn't aware people still put much/any trust in it - it's basically the old man's Yelp as this point.  All it takes to be accredited is to hand the BBB a wad of cash and that's it.  Once you pay up your business automatically gets an A rating before any reviews even come in, while if your reviews are negative (and why wouldn't they be, when was the last time anyone here went to the BBB to write a positive review?) the BBB hounds you for money in exchange to "help raise your rating."  It's possible that IL one is an old BBB listing and the company moved at some point in the last 8 years or maybe that is/was the residence of someone who works/worked there or someone filing a complaint/the BBB just screwed up.  When you look up the IL address it's a single family private residence and it seems highly unlikely it was Toluna HQ at any point in time.

I am not defending Toluna in the slightest, I also haven't been paid for the Furry Club (god that name was ridiculous) and got the same stock email reply as everyone else when I contacted them and I'm getting pissed too only because they aren't communicating what the deal is with this - according to their timeline - now very late payment.  These companies need to realize communication is everything.  I'm more than willing to patiently wait another week or two IF YOU TELL ME ABOUT IT.  Why is this such a difficult concept for most of them to grasp?

Well now this conversation doesn't exactly make my day considering they owe me $30 plus the Furry Club payment.  :2_grimacing:     Speaking of... I don't recall ever hearing just how much our points were worth there.... I mean like EVER.   Did I miss it?   Could it be that we "earned" like five bucks?    I'll let ya'll know if I get the $30... but it's not sounding very promising at the moment, is it?  Pooh!    *** Oh, and for the record, my contact for them is Wilton, CT, and that's what their Facebook says as well... not this Illinois address that is listed as out of business.

Here it says up to 78000 points is worth $26 so this is how I am guessing how much they owe me.I don't think I earned the whole $26 and I never did a focus group(thank goodness)but this is how I will be basing how much they owe me.As for the BBB they did help me get my points from Harris Poll- however after that Harris Poll decided to kick me out stating quality issues.So you never know they may or may not answer to the BBB ,at least it's worth a shot.

If you are selected to participate, download our Toluna App on 2 devices – your smartphone, and computer or tablet – for 6 weeks – earn up to 78,000 points (a $26 value)

In total for this Community, if you participate in everything, including our Toluna App program, you'll have an opportunity to earn up to $35 over a period of 2 months!

I'm not sure if they ever told us how much individual points were worth but my original welcome email from them on July 5th stated:

• Rewards - we appreciate your time - and we'll reward you for it!  You will earn points for each and every activity that you take part in.  Your points may be redeemed for Tango gift cards. You may earn up to $24 for taking part in the Furry Club for 2 months. Some members will earn $30-$40 more for participating in a private discussion.

They're out of business now for me. I checked my points and they deducted more again so I'm cashing out what I can and they can have the rest since they are so cheap and need the points more then I do.

Did everyone get their Tango rewards? I posted a kind of stern reply on one of their discussions. I got a lengthy email REREREiterating their policies, etc. with a statement that they just sent out the last bunch yesterday and everyone is all paid up. Not sure I believe it. We'll see.

Well, this is good news, in a way. Toluna was at best a meh panel but mostly a waste of effort. I cashed out once and religated Toluna to my "avoid" group.

However, I did complete a Toluna survey on one of the survey routers this morning. I got my points and they are with another panel.