Should survey routers have a limit to how long their surveys are?

Mai

A curious question. On QuickRewards my go to routers are Your Surveys and Peanutlabs, which I'm usually all on board doing surveys with. That is, if the survey they give me is a fair amount of time. 

About a week ago, I got a survey on Your Surveys that said it was going to be a whopping 60 minutes long. For 75 cents. And today on Peanutlabs, I went for a 8 minute survey that conveniently said it was now closed, and moved me a long to a survey with an estimated time of 36-40 minutes. For 50 cents. 

It's just extremely aggravating, especially if it's a survey you would qualify for. I'd love to do the survey, even if it's long! ...but only for a good amount of pay. I don't know if it's possible, but I so wish that survey routers could somehow control the length of surveys they send you - at least, if they have a regular small payout. 

Your thoughts?

• Like 3

Peanut Labs has gotten bad about that.  I had one years ago that had me answering qualifying questions for over 45 minutes.  I had just started doing surveys and didn't realize I should have gotten a survey by then.  It was QuickRewards.  And PeanutLabs is giving me the switcharoo every time I try one.  Not exactly a fan of the routing. 

2 hours ago, Mai said:

A curious question. On Quickrewards my go to routers are Your Surveys and Peanutlabs, which I'm usually all on board doing surveys with. That is, if the survey they give me is a fair amount of time. 

About a week ago, I got a survey on Your Surveys that said it was going to be a whopping 60 minutes long. For 75 cents. And today on Peanutlabs, I went for a 8 minute survey that conveniently said it was now closed, and moved me a long to a survey with an estimated time of 36-40 minutes. For 50 cents. 

It's just extremely aggravating, especially if it's a survey you would qualify for. I'd love to do the survey, even if it's long! ...but only for a good amount of pay. I don't know if it's possible, but I so wish that survey routers could somehow control the length of surveys they send you - at least, if they have a regular small payout. 

Your thoughts?

I sometimes have the same problem I just close it and move on

• Like 1

One of the routers at times, I think it's Samplicio via Peanut Labs actually asks your if you'd like to take this survey for x minutes for Y Swagbucks. You can say no and it will go to the next one in its queue and then tell you the X minutes for Y SBs for another survey, rinse, repeat. I don't have an issue with that process.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, peach6 said:

I sometimes have the same problem I just close it and move on

This is what I do, too... I'm getting more and more hesitant to even do 20 minute surveys.  I've had way too many over the last few months that go on that long and then after having gotten all my information, go to the "ooops, just filled up"  (yeah, right)  or "we have enough respondents of your demographic"   (Of course you do, you steal all our thoughts about your product and don't have to pay for it.)    So anyhow, unless it's a really good payer, 15 minutes has been my limit most of the time lately.

• Like 3

Yeah - I refuse to do anything that says it'll be longer than 15 minutes, unless it says it pays really well, and anything that says it'll take longer than 20 no matter how much it pays, because you're taking too much of a risk that you'll be half an hour in and it'll either bug out or tell you somehow managed to get disqualified, or you'll get all the way to the end and it will say it's now "closed". That's happened way too many times for me to bother with them anymore. Even the shorter surveys, I'm always holding my breath at the end to see whether it'll actually credit me for the completed survey. One of many reasons I've stopped doing nearly as much as I did a couple years ago when I first discovered this hobby.

• Like 2

I don't think they should have a limit. I think they should pay so much by how long the survey is. I choose not to do any over 20 minutes.

11 hours ago, paulgro said:

I don't think they should have a limit. I think they should pay so much by how long the survey is. I choose not to do any over 20 minutes.

My point is, it doesn't matter how much they say they'll pay, if they don't actually pay it. I mean, ideally, they also shouldn't be allowed to send you a survey, have you complete it, and then not pay, but there's plausible deniability, cause they're just processing the payment, and they can say it was the fault of the site they sent you to. But I'm way more angry about my time being wasted after being 95% through a 20 or 30 minute survey than 95% through a 5 minute survey. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, neminem said:

My point is, it doesn't matter how much they say they'll pay, if they don't actually pay it. I mean, ideally, they also shouldn't be allowed to send you a survey, have you complete it, and then not pay, but there's plausible deniability, cause they're just processing the payment, and they can say it was the fault of the site they sent you to. But I'm way more angry about my time being wasted after being 95% through a 20 or 30 minute survey than 95% through a 5 minute survey. 

It happens but not as often as you want to believe. Take the amount of surveys you do to the amount that you get cheated on. You'll find you get paid more then not. I don't like when it happens to me but it can be a glitch or something else. I really don't think they rob from you. I will be leaving Toluna because in a way the do rob I feel. Yes the small print says they will start taking your points after a year. But to make anything worth while like an Amazon code it takes that long to get the 150000 points you need. It seems as you get close to that they remove over 2800 points so you never get there. Different thing then you are talking about but same point. If you think they are stealing from you then don't do their surveys. Many companies out there so why stay with one you don't trust?

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:46 PM, neminem said:

Yeah - I refuse to do anything that says it'll be longer than 15 minutes, unless it says it pays really well, and anything that says it'll take longer than 20 no matter how much it pays, because you're taking too much of a risk that you'll be half an hour in and it'll either bug out or tell you somehow managed to get disqualified, or you'll get all the way to the end and it will say it's now "closed". That's happened way too many times for me to bother with them anymore. Even the shorter surveys, I'm always holding my breath at the end to see whether it'll actually credit me for the completed survey. One of many reasons I've stopped doing nearly as much as I did a couple years ago when I first discovered this hobby.

I find that time estimate is completely underestimated. I just completed a 20 minute OO survey that took 50 minutes for a miserable 120 points and at the completion  they asked my opinion of the survey. Do they really care? A joke on us. Pathetic!. I will no longer attempt surveys estimated  at more than 10 minutes  because 10 minute surveys are usually 20 or 30 minutes or more.       

• Like 2

I got a 15 minute GTM survey which took 3 minutes and I got 100 points.I like it when the time is off in our favor.However if the survey is 20 minutes 1000 points I try to DQ as fast as I can or exit out.As far as rerouting surveys go if they don't pay  for the spinning they can take that ride and (I'll be nice )bite it.

On 10/30/2017 at 7:02 PM, Leefall said:

I find that time estimate is completely underestimated. I just completed a 20 minute OO survey that took 50 minutes for a miserable 120 points and at the completion  they asked my opinion of the survey. Do they really care? A joke on us. Pathetic!. I will no longer attempt surveys estimated  at more than 10 minutes  because 10 minute surveys are usually 20 or 30 minutes or more.       

Isn't 120 points on oo  $12.00

On 10/31/2017 at 8:25 AM, GammiWoo said:

Just curious: Are there survey sites that don't use routers?

Good question but I'm really not sure.

• Like 1