Survey: Video Games, Anxiety & Depression

Bawdier

Hello! I am currently conducting a research study for my Master’s Thesis and I could use your help. I am researching the effects of video game play on the symptoms of anxiety and depression. 

To participate in the survey portion of this study, you will complete a brief depression and anxiety instrument and a survey.

By participating in the survey or an interview you will also be entered into a random drawing to win one of three $25 gift cards to GameStop.

In order to participate in this research study, you must be a video game player between the ages 18-35 and demonstrate some symptoms of anxiety and/or depression. You will not be receiving a clinical diagnosis of a mental health disorder by participating in this study. Symptoms include stress, worry, irritability, restlessness, overwhelming fear, sadness, hopelessness, low self-esteem, fatigue, insomnia, or difficulty concentrating. 

If you would like to participate, please complete the linked survey and send an email to the researcher at [email protected] with your name and your year of birth to receive the individualized link to the depression and anxiety inventories. These are confidential and personalized emails that will be sent from Pearson Clinical.  Each of these inventories should take approximately 5 minutes. It should take approximately 10-20 minutes to complete the inventories and survey.

LINK:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VideoGamesAnxietyDepression

Confidentiality and Anonymity: 
All identifying information obtained by participating in this research study will be kept strictly confidential unless State or Federal law mandates disclosure. The results of this study may be used in reports, papers, presentations, and publications; however, any identifying information will be omitted or disguised to ensure confidentiality and anonymity.

• Administrator locked this topic