Problem with Univox

mikedorb

On Saturday I tried to log into my account and got the following message.

There are some technical issue. Please contact the customer service team for help.

I wonder what this is all about. Sounds like my account might have been frozen. Sent an email to support and the automated reply said somebody would be in touch with me within 24 working hours. Not sure what that means. Could mean 1 working day or 3 working days. Still waiting for a response and I checked it this morning and still cannot log in. I am suspicious because I am roughly 50 points away for cashing out $25. If my account did indeed get frozen not sure why because I don't complete many of their surveys. Most of the points I earn from this panel are the 5 points for attempting a survey. I have been with this panel for a few years and have barely completed 50 surveys. Usually you are talking on average 1 or 2 surveys a month. How could they possibly have data concerns since I complete very few surveys with them? Anybody else here ever have a similar problem with Univox? My accounts with a few other panels have gotten frozen in the past for no apparent reason. One of the drawbacks of belonging to a lot of survey panels is this is going to eventually happen sooner or later.  And from things I have read I don't think Univox has great customer service so I would not be surprised if I don't hear back from them. 

I got the following reply back from Univox this morning.

Dear User,

Thanks for writing to us.

We have received your email about your inability to log on to your Univox account. We apologize for any inconvenience.  We have many security checks that may automatically deactivate an account due to suspicious activity (such as providing false information about your identity, obscuring or misrepresent your location, maintaining multiple accounts with different usernames, bot-like activity, etc).

In order to validate your account, we would like to set up a short call.  Please let us know a good time and number to reach you at.

Thanks,

Team Univox

Hopefully we will reach a resolution and they will reactivate my account. I have no idea why this happened because I don't believe any of those things apply to me. I belong to a lot of survey panels and have always tried to be honest and not deceitful  in any way.  

On 11/14/2017 at 10:36 AM, mikedorb said:

I got the following reply back from Univox this morning.

Dear User,

Thanks for writing to us.

We have received your email about your inability to log on to your Univox account. We apologize for any inconvenience.  We have many security checks that may automatically deactivate an account due to suspicious activity (such as providing false information about your identity, obscuring or misrepresent your location, maintaining multiple accounts with different usernames, bot-like activity, etc).

In order to validate your account, we would like to set up a short call.  Please let us know a good time and number to reach you at.

Thanks,

Team Univox

Hopefully we will reach a resolution and they will reactivate my account. I have no idea why this happened because I don't believe any of those things apply to me. I belong to a lot of survey panels and have always tried to be honest and not deceitful  in any way.  

Univox has been restructuring the place and I bet you fell through the cracks. Too bad you have to go through all of this which is probably their fault.

I don't mind trying for there surveys and sometimes you will get the 5points for dq but it seems if you have a problem they are not great like not crediting I emailed them the other day about not getting credit for a survey that I completed I got a response right away that I would hear back from them in 24hours well the time has passed and would be surprised if I do get an answer and my points if I do I will eat my words.

8 hours ago, peach6 said:

I don't mind trying for there surveys and sometimes you will get the 5points for dq but it seems if you have a problem they are not great like not crediting I emailed them the other day about not getting credit for a survey that I completed I got a response right away that I would hear back from them in 24hours well the time has passed and would be surprised if I do get an answer and my points if I do I will eat my words.

They use to be but not since the change. I'm still waiting over a week now for an answer. Use to be right away they would answer you.

• 4 weeks later...

I did get my issues with them resolved with about a two minute phone call. They asked me like three questions and within 24 hours my account was unlocked.  

On 12/12/2017 at 9:34 AM, mikedorb said:

I did get my issues with them resolved with about a two minute phone call. They asked me like three questions and within 24 hours my account was unlocked.  

Well guess what? Univox closed my account for no reason at all. I received a form email like you did stating all the reasons they would suspend an account. None of which I did. Their system is screwed up since they made the changes and members like myself are being dumped. They can keep the $8.00 I had in my account since they seem to need it.

You didn't do the two minute phone call? One of the major negatives with survey sites in general is the fear your account will get frozen. That is why I will cash out with all of my panels as soon as I can. There is no benefit to letting points and money accumulate. And getting your account frozen seems to have become more and more of an issue.   Panels can close your account for no reason at all. They will say you broke a rule and even though you know you didn't it is hard to fight it. You can ask to get your account reinstated but most of the time it will not happen. In the last couple of years both My Survey and Opinion Outpost froze my accounts and neither of them had the decency to even respond to my emails.They didn't even tell me they believed I broke a rule. Which tells me there is something shady going on. I have a theory which I cannot prove but I have a suspicion that with some panels if you earn a certain amount of money over a period of time they will freeze your account even though you didn't do anything wrong. If you belong to many panels like I do getting at least one of your accounts frozen at some point is almost inevitable. My Survey and Opinion Outpost are two panels you should probably stay away from because there is at least a decent chance your account will get frozen at some point if you are very active.       

Univox gives you a bunch of bull why your account was suspended. I figure I was doing fine before I went there and will continue to do fine without them. I did nothing wrong and I refuse to call email or beg to stay on that site. I did cash out when I hit $20.00 because I kept hearing people losing their accounts for no reason when they changed the site so I'm losing about $8.00 and they can use it to screw someone else up! I also will not go to the forum which I can do because only one person from that site actually cared that I was screwed so I see no reason to talk to them any longer.