Writing out lists

Cliche01

Why do surveys sometimes ask you to write out every company, show, product type you've heard of when they are just going to give a big long list to choose from anyway?  Heck, some even do it twice, asking what companies you've seen ads for in a given week.  

1 hour ago, Cliche01 said:

Why do surveys sometimes ask you to write out every company, show, product type you've heard of when they are just going to give a big long list to choose from anyway?  Heck, some even do it twice, asking what companies you've seen ads for in a given week.  

My guess is to see who you think of instantly, without being prompted by a list - also probably for comparative purposes.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:53 PM, somelady said:

I mostly just put one company because I don't like doing it, and I never have a problem with them.

I've actually written in 'why are you asking me this when the survey is just going to show a list to choose from' and never had a problem, either.   

1 hour ago, Cliche01 said:

I've actually written in 'why are you asking me this when the survey is just going to show a list to choose from' and never had a problem, either.   

That's a good way to dq right away. Just put any company name to make them happy.