SpectrumSurvey

tilley9

On the survey sites OneOpinion and Branded Survey,  I get surveys from SpectrumSurvey and it just keeps loading and loading.  I have to restart my PC to get it off.  I have complained several times but they keep coming.  Anybody else have this problem.  Virus maybe???

Yesssss, it also happens on Forthright and Pinecone Research, now. I hate them. I have literally gone off tab and done things on other open tabs for 20 minutes and it's still spinning. I also, while cooking, did the same thing and it spun for a good 15-20. Then, the survey loads, I answer the obligatory screening questions for 10 minutes or so and get dq'd. Very frustrating indeed!!!

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 12:00 PM, tilley9 said:

On the survey sites OneOpinion and Branded Survey,  I get surveys from SpectrumSurvey and it just keeps loading and loading.  I have to restart my PC to get it off.  I have complained several times but they keep coming.  Anybody else have this problem.  Virus maybe???

Can you close the tab?

I have a policy with surveys, no matter who they are from, that if I get a blip or problem getting into the survey I just close the page then delete the survey link, life is to short to bother with dodgy links or surveys.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, somelady said:

Can you close the tab?

Never able to close the tab, have to turn off my PC to get it to stop loading.

1 hour ago, tilley9 said:

Never able to close the tab, have to turn off my PC to get it to stop loading.

There are ways to force close a tab or next step is to force close the browser. I always have to Google as I never remember the commands. But failing that I have to restart/shut down the machine and NOT restore that tab. Not so much for surveys but for malware on rare occasions that hijacks you browser.

Not sure if it will work in every case , but I had one recently that seemed to be loading forever. Tried a refresh and the survey loaded just fine. Worth a try.

On 1/2/2018 at 1:43 PM, JD said:

There are ways to force close a tab or next step is to force close the browser. I always have to Google as I never remember the commands. But failing that I have to restart/shut down the machine and NOT restore that tab. Not so much for surveys but for malware on rare occasions that hijacks you browser.

To force a browser to close. right click on a blank space on your pc task bar- the bottom of your screen,  a menu will pop up. click "Task Manager"  on the menu , highlight the browser then click "End Task". that will close the browser

On 1/3/2018 at 9:32 PM, somelady said:

To force a browser to close. right click on a blank space on your pc task bar- the bottom of your screen,  a menu will pop up. click "Task Manager"  on the menu , highlight the browser then click "End Task". that will close the browser

Thanks but I think it's a little different for a MAC. option+command+esc brings up a pop up which you can then choose the browser  and force quit. I just had to look it up since I so rarely use it.