Vobi=SSI, avoid???

schludermann

Folks,

l was considering signing up for Vobi. So I decided to read the TOS.  I discovered Vobi is run by SSI or is under SSI tutelage. SSI is notorious for banning panelists for using all but one internet router. They claim using a library, church, coffee shop or any public WiFi is a violation of the TOS. I’ve never found what wording in the TOS sets this requirement and SSI is not forthcoming, except tech support to reference the entire TOS. The ramifications of this is to forfeit your rewards several weeks into completing surveys. 

What is your experience?

• Like 2

I did sign up but haven't really been hanging out on the site.  I am not that far into it and I think I was with a SSI survey company before, and I left.  I can't remember which one it was though.  I will go slowly on this, I am not going to help make them rich only to be banned.

Yeah, I signed up for it, then discovered they were SSI immediately even without reading the TOS, just because it said it recognized I already had an account with one of their partners, offered to pull my existing information in, and then took me to a survey that clearly used the same design as Opinion Outpost. I still took it, just in case - after all, when I started doing this hobby a couple years, SurveySpot paid terribly but Opinion Outpost still paid pretty well (I miss those days...). But nope, tried a few surveys, the handful I saw all said they'd pay just about as awfully as OO now does if I qualified, which didn't even matter, since I also didn't qualify for any of them. 

So I'm not gonna bother with them simply on grounds that they pay terribly, but the information about how dumb their TOS is just reinforces that I made the right call.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just, and I mean JUST got an email from them stating they were closing down, I don't think I have ever been on the site except to sign up.  So I guess I won't bother with it now.