Pinecone - older members dropped?

ozarkmoon

It used to be regularly a few times a week there would be links to new surveys in my inbox. That stopped around end of September, first of October - when my last shop tracker for amazon use was done. There have been maybe 2-3 link to surveys since then, but none that I qualified for - and none in last 2-3 weeks . And even though I can log in, I cannot update my profile at all. In looking on here, it seems several have had the same experience. Have they changed ownership? Is Neilsen going after a different demographic? It does make one wonder. I am over 55 and did not have much luck with many of the newer site that link to multiple surveys on many sites, but used to do well with Pinecone (as well as Harris Poll site and the one Ipsos took over). Sadly, not so much anymore.  So, have any others in my age range been dropped or noticed a big decrease in survey invites? 

The last 2 surveys I have Had did not work I use a Tablet which is all I have but never had any problems before I have emailed Pinecone many times since I would get a reminder about the survey  they never respond I will probably get the boot  They used to be so good about answering your emails and that has changed at least for me.

• Like 1

I haven't heard from them in a couple of weeks, but I am not panicking as yet.  If I go a month with out an invite or the household questions, then I will be wondering.  I wonder if they do eliminate the older members?  I wonder if any of the other sites do that as well?  I was on a paid forum and they did. 

• Like 1

I understand most companies are aiming for a younger demographic, usually a family with children. That seems to be the question I answer that disqualifies me. I've not heard from Pinecone via email invites in over two months and can only log in. There is no profile to update or even access. There was another topic on them where someone said that happened before they were dropped too. That is just sad, because I really enjoyed all the ones they sent. Heck, they have not even asked for Oct, Nov. or now even Dec. stats from amazon.com so...

I'm not having problems with them. Yes there aren't as many surveys as there use to be but I still get them regularly.

43 minutes ago, ozarkmoon said:

I understand most companies are aiming for a younger demographic, usually a family with children. That seems to be the question I answer that disqualifies me. I've not heard from Pinecone via email invites in over two months and can only log in. There is no profile to update or even access. There was another topic on them where someone said that happened before they were dropped too. That is just sad, because I really enjoyed all the ones they sent. Heck, they have not even asked for Oct, Nov. or now even Dec. stats from amazon.com so...

I'm 68 and have been with them for years. I would say they are screening better then they use to for different surveys that are right for you so not to waste your time or theirs.

I don't think age itself is the factor , but rather how long one has been with the site. When I was released without warning , I had been with them well over 15 years. I'll be 62 in a couple of weeks.

I also suspect that the introduction of the router system that many had problems getting to work for the first month or so (I was one) likely made it look like those panelists had gone inactive , thus making them prime targets to be pruned. Suspect that was a factor in my case. Coincidentally , the same router started to be used at Harris at about the same time. I was also pruned from there as well.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, episemion said:

I don't think age itself is the factor , but rather how long one has been with the site. When I was released without warning , I had been with them well over 15 years. I'll be 62 in a couple of weeks.

I also suspect that the introduction of the router system that many had problems getting to work for the first month or so (I was one) likely made it look like those panelists had gone inactive , thus making them prime targets to be pruned. Suspect that was a factor in my case. Coincidentally , the same router started to be used at Harris at about the same time. I was also pruned from there as well.

That could very well be the case.  I know that since I turned 60 and don't have children 18 years or younger at home, I am getting dumped from a lot of surveys, more than I could ever have imagined.  Just weird.  I have been dumped for no reason as well, so maybe age isn't always a factor. 

• Like 1

I don't think age is a factor, but the amount of time you have been a member is a huge factor. I read in the reviews that they are known for dropping long time members suddenly, without warning in order to make room for new participants. 

Right now I think they are just slow because of the recent holidays. I did receive a very brief non paying household question survey from them last week, but that was it for a while.

I still get invites I'm 54 in fact I just did a survey for them on the 22nd of Dec.but haven't had one since then.I know they were probably slow during the holidays and I don't expect a survey from them until next week if not the week after.January starts off slow to me and I make the least amount in January then any other month of the year.I don't think age is much of a factor as it is where you live and if the item they are doing the survey on  will be sold in your area.Plus they ask you what you will buy and don't buy so that has something to do with it.While I know they have surveys geared towards families some of the surveys I have gotten and even the products I have tested were not for children.So I really think it has to due to what the product is and where it is being sold at in the country.Maybe they keep a ledger and if you don't qualify as much as they need for you to qualify they dump you.Just a thought.

Pinecone really seems to have slowed down in the new year. Considering there seemed to be a flood of surveys in mid-December, perhaps Karen Scott (who seems to be the only one who actually works there) took an extended vacation into January?

I'm not too worried yet, but another week without a survey from them, and I might get a little concerned.

I haven't had a survey from them since Dec 21.  Maybe they slow down at the beginning of the year.

Age has nothing to do with it. There are a lot of surveys for older people, meds, aliments, products for older people, clinical trials, etc.