Survey sites gone bad.

mexpensive33

Doe it seem that survey sites are going downhill? I have noticed as of late that survey sites where I used to make good incentives are now taking forever to get enough points to cash out.Survey Spot- Opinion Outpost.. Global Test Market.etc to name a few.Anyone else having the same results?

• Like 1

Quit Survey Spot years ago- Opinion Outpost cant remember  what happened but no longer with-and while GTM has been bad I have seen a little hope from them within the past month.Don't know if it will keep up .Most survey sites I started out with I am no longer with it seems new sites have come along and taken their place.I am with Pinecone but even they were bought out years ago so they are not the  original owners .It's  hard for me to remember exactly how long it's been since I started doing surveys but I will say 15 years and for the most part there have been a lot surveys survey companies who are no longer good or with us anymore.May they rest in peace or most  times I should say good riddance because you never know when they will run off with the money you have earned from them.

• Like 2

Has Opinion Outpost and/or Survey Sampling gotten new owners or management?  OO used to be the best but now they have changed drastically.  They allow surveys from places like "BURKE" who will offer a relatively large reward for a one-hour survey, then, disqualify you after you complete it honestly and in its' entirety.  This has happened to me EVERY TIME I have completed a BURKE survey.  They need to be investigated and Opinion Outpost is really affecting their credibility by allowing it to happen.

Yes, OO did used to be the best... like 3 years ago. It's been going downhill since then. I already stopped using it more than a year ago because it'd already gotten laughably bad, so it's funny that you're picking now as the moment that it's been "changed drastically". It's been beyond awful for a while already.

Though it is also sort of funny, the only site like that that I still bother with at all... also has the initials "OO" (OneOpinion). Only survey site left that I can actually count on to fix their mistakes, at least for now, and actually generally credit me when I complete a survey then it doesn't pay. I miss when they used to always pay at least 10 cents an estimated-minute, instead of only sometimes, and when I didn't have to just screen out roughly half the surveys they sent (I can generally tell which ones will underpay or will screen me out after too long), but still.

• 4 weeks later...

Opinion Outpost froze my account a year or so ago because of data concerns and never even had the decency to respond to the several emails I sent them. I think the problem was I was earning quite a bit of money from them so they may have assumed I had to be cheating. All I will say is good riddance. I can't say I am surprised that others are having problems with them.  Survey Spot another SSI company froze my account many years ago and I had to go to the BBB to get them to pay me the money that was in my account at the time. We weren't talking big bucks here. I think it was something like 9.00. But it was a matter of principle. I earned the money and they needed to pay me no matter how small the amount was.   

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, mexpensive33 said:

Doe it seem that survey sites are going downhill? I have noticed as of late that survey sites where I used to make good incentives are now taking forever to get enough points to cash out.Survey Spot- Opinion Outpost.. Global Test Market.etc to name a few.Anyone else having the same results?

Inbox Dollars is another panel that has lowered their payments for completing surveys. Most of their surveys are now .25 even those that take 20+ minutes to complete. At least the ones I qualify for. The other day though I completed one for a dollar and was in shock because that doesn't happen often at least recently. I can get to 30.00 to cash out but it takes me a lot longer than it used to because you have to complete a lot of surveys to get to 30.00 if most of them only pay .25.    

On 1/16/2018 at 11:12 AM, gregory29 said:

Has Opinion Outpost and/or Survey Sampling gotten new owners or management?  OO used to be the best but now they have changed drastically.  They allow surveys from places like "BURKE" who will offer a relatively large reward for a one-hour survey, then, disqualify you after you complete it honestly and in its' entirety.  This has happened to me EVERY TIME I have completed a BURKE survey.  They need to be investigated and Opinion Outpost is really affecting their credibility by allowing it to happen.

I quit them last year along with Survey Spot for giving a dq after finishing surveys. Too many of the old survey companies seem to be going down hill.

• 1 month later...

SSI has deactivated my accts with survey spot and opinion world 3 times since last year.  I had to go through the BBB to get my

accts reactivated.  SSI would not answer any of my emails.  The first time when I got my accts back they took some points and

said i had cashed out when I didn't.  I recently  had my accts deactivated thanks to  yahoo sending ALL emails to trash and marking

them as spam but i did get my accts reactivated.  Now I need just 270 points with opinion world to cash out AND every single

survey is for entry into a drawing and not worth any points.  I want to cash out and stop doing their surveys but not getting any

surveys worth  points.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, dingbat077 said:

SSI has deactivated my accts with survey spot and opinion world 3 times since last year.  I had to go through the BBB to get my

accts reactivated.  SSI would not answer any of my emails.  The first time when I got my accts back they took some points and

said i had cashed out when I didn't.  I recently  had my accts deactivated thanks to  yahoo sending ALL emails to trash and marking

them as spam but i did get my accts reactivated.  Now I need just 270 points with opinion world to cash out AND every single

survey is for entry into a drawing and not worth any points.  I want to cash out and stop doing their surveys but not getting any

surveys worth  points.

SSI deactivated all of my accounts as well and the biggest drawback is I can't do any SSI surveys that are offered on other panel sites. And no they don't answer emails. The last two that dropped me were Opinion Outpost and Opinion World and I didn't go to the BBB because there was virtually no money in my accounts if there was any at all. Not like a number of years ago when Survey Spot dropped me and I had to go to the BBB to get them to pay me what was in my account which was something like 9.00 if I remember correctly. But the BBB couldn't get them to reinstate my account. Really surprised that the BBB got them to reinstate your accounts. I guess it was because of the circumstances and the problem was with your email provider and nothing you did. But with me they said my accounts were frozen due to data concerns which tells me nothing.  You have to remember these panels don't need a reason to get rid of you. Not responding to my emails does raise a red flag that their reason was not legitimate. It could be possible that the demographics no longer met what they were looking for. I think they want people of different ages  and different backgrounds. And if they have too many people with similar demographics they may look to get rid of some of them. And even if they agree to reactivate your accounts the odds are at some point they will get frozen again. Just not worth it to stay with them.