Why do you leave survey sites

Tellwut

Hi Tellwutters and Non-Tellwutters,

Can you guys tell me the reasons why you leave a survey sites (OTHER than low incentives and not qualifying for surveys)? Please be as specific as possible.

I have left because the awards change, say you are getting to cash out at $25 and each survey is worth .50 and then all of a sudden those surveys are worth .35 and you don't qualify often.  I also leave a site that won't pay me for my time.  If I spend 30 minutes doing a survey, and complete it and get the "thanks for taking the time" message and then get told "sorry, you didn't qualify! better luck next time!" message, they are toast to me.  Sometimes I don't leave them, they leave me, no surveys for months and months and then be told that my points will expire.  Just little things like that.  I understand that the companies have to make money, but when they make the money and don't pass the $$ along to those making the money for them, they can blow away and I won't care a bit about them. 

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, rosiesmom said:

I have left because the awards change, say you are getting to cash out at $25 and each survey is worth .50 and then all of a sudden those surveys are worth .35 and you don't qualify often.  I also leave a site that won't pay me for my time.  If I spend 30 minutes doing a survey, and complete it and get the "thanks for taking the time" message and then get told "sorry, you didn't qualify! better luck next time!" message, they are toast to me.  Sometimes I don't leave them, they leave me, no surveys for months and months and then be told that my points will expire.  Just little things like that.  I understand that the companies have to make money, but when they make the money and don't pass the $$ along to those making the money for them, they can blow away and I won't care a bit about them. 

Thanks for your feedback, rosiesmom.

When you get messages like that:   If I spend 30 minutes doing a survey, and complete it and get the "thanks for taking the time" message and then get told "sorry, you didn't qualify! better luck next time!" message

Do you contact the survey company? If yes, if they confirm  you as a complete do you stay or do you still opt to leave?

I don't normally leave a site , they leave me (like Pinecone and Harris). To date , I have not left any site , but a couple are getting close. Almost 100% DQs or just screeners , just not worth it as it takes years to reach cash out. I can tolerate iffy customer service if the site has surveys that one does not DQ from.

• Thanks 1

I agree with rosiesmom. If I get the message that I completed a survey, and then it takes me back to the survey site saying I haven't qualified, I will usually leave a survey site if that happens numerous times. 

I'm going to answer your other question. It's 50/50 for me whether I contact a survey company or not. If I contact them, and they work with me, I will stick around. But if it becomes a constant problem, I will leave. I left one site that I really liked because they refused to give me any sort of credit for a survey. Then after writing back  to them, they agreed to give me points but never did, which I found really shady and I called them out on it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have left a few survey sites but mostly it was because of a lack of surveys I had one that when I first started I was getting a couple surveys a week and then it went to 1 every 6 months so took me 3 years to cash out and then it took 2 months to receive it when I got it I was done with them.

I have one right now I am getting close to getting rid of not always getting the points after you complete the survey and when you email them you get no response I feel there is no excuse for that without us they would not have a job.

I had another one last year that I completed the survey and didn't receive my compensation so I emailed them and they did get back with me and said the survey is now closed well it wasn't when I did the survey so I contacted the client and he was great and worked with me to make sure I did receive the points that was the only time I have ever done that.

There are times now that I just let it go and move on because it takes to much energy when you do get a response it is just a canned when and it doesn't get you the points if it's a site that I still do okay with I keep them if not there gone.

Thanks Tellwut  for your great customer support

• Thanks 1

Rerouting issues! mysurvey is the leader of that in my book. Too many surveys weren't rerouting back to the homepage and I would get an error message after fully completing it. I would email customer service but they weren't very good at making things right.

• Thanks 1

The reasons why i will leave survey sites is usually because  they are way too long and are incorrect about the length of time it takes to complete it (Ive noticed that many sites do this ALL the time , so ive come to believe its not a mistake).

Also, I will leave if the survey is boring. Or when u answer the question of your heritage and u immediately get kicked out of the survey?,  I really hate that..

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Tellwut said:

Can you guys tell me the reasons why you leave a survey sites (OTHER than low incentives and not qualifying for surveys)? Please be as specific as possible.

I leave because some times the incentives are to minimal especially for surveys that take longer then 20 mins.. Some survey sites its takes way to long to get up to the cap you are alllowed to cash out on and can take weeks to get paid.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Tellwut said:

I also meant to add that it takes so long to be eligable for surveys , I had to get up to 15,000 and some points, to get a visa card prepaid. I am waiting for it and told there is a pin I have to activate, so I hope there is not a issues.. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, PJT said:

I also meant to add that it takes so long to be eligable for surveys , I had to get up to 15,000 and some points, to get a visa card prepaid. I am waiting for it and told there is a pin I have to activate, so I hope there is not a issues.. 

Which site out of curiousity?

The pin part is easy - we give away Visa cards on Tellwut, and I believe the pin is just on the back of the card.

Thanks for all your feedback, guys! I'm peacing out of this thread. I needed to compile some reasons and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything huge.

Mods, feel free to close this thread.

One reason is when They do not give enough options,  i.e., assuming everyone has a car or TV or shops at certain stores on their list - and do not allow you to write in "other" options. Another big reason that made me quit one I had belonged to for years is they started to have  time-consuming PRE-surveys and after all that, they would say at the end that I did not qualify for the survey. There are various reasons. The main one I still belong to is YouGov. At the end there are comments you can make about your experience taking the survey and you can rate it. I never expect much in payment from any of them as none of them pays much. I just don't want any hassles and want to  be able to express my opinion honestly without restrictions.  Oh, and if I have a complaint or question I would like a personal answer and NOT some pre-written form letter automatically sent. And do not make it so difficult to send an email to them with comments or questions. 

On 1/17/2018 at 7:59 PM, Tellwut said:

Thanks for your feedback, rosiesmom.

When you get messages like that:   If I spend 30 minutes doing a survey, and complete it and get the "thanks for taking the time" message and then get told "sorry, you didn't qualify! better luck next time!" message

Do you contact the survey company? If yes, if they confirm  you as a complete do you stay or do you still opt to leave?

I do, if I get a weird feeling about it or have it happen over and over I will try to get a screen shot. I sometimes just get frustrated and log out until I calm down.  If I am repeatedly denied credit when I know that I completed it, I will give up and move on to another survey site.  I don't go back to that one again. 

On 1/17/2018 at 6:15 PM, rosiesmom said:

Amen to that!! I've left 3 sites for that very reason. When you do email them to complain, most will give you the run around and still won't pay.

• Like 1