Surveys Just my observation

peach6

This is just my opinion but I am beginning to think that the longer you are with a survey company the less surveys you will receive  I dont always think that demographics have that much to do with it  you would think that if you have been with them for so long that they would value your opinion more because you are a dedicated and loyal panelist but I am finding that is not the case they seem to want new faces.Is anybody else finding this to be true?

I'm not sure how long you're thinking....5 years, 10 years? I've been with mysurvey & O.O. for almost 7 years and there hasn't been a decrease. I think it will come when I no longer have children in the house and they consider me old!

2 hours ago, peach6 said:

This is just my opinion but I am beginning to think that the longer you are with a survey company the less surveys you will receive  I dont always think that demographics have that much to do with it  you would think that if you have been with them for so long that they would value your opinion more because you are a dedicated and loyal panelist but I am finding that is not the case they seem to want new faces.Is anybody else finding this to be true?

I think that demographics have a lot to do with it.... because the longer we're with a company, the older we get and the more things change.  Some of the surveys cut off at 35.... some when kids are over 10 or 12, etc.   so as the time goes on, we gradually ease out of the respondent qualifications that many of them are looking for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, penangel said:

I think that demographics have a lot to do with it.... because the longer we're with a company, the older we get and the more things change.  Some of the surveys cut off at 35.... some when kids are over 10 or 12, etc.   so as the time goes on, we gradually ease out of the respondent qualifications that many of them are looking for.

giphy.gif

I think you're right, however most of the time it's not so much that survey companies don't want a a certain demographic - it's just that there's too many individuals of that demographic taking the survey at the same time.

Keep in mind the majority of survey takers are older, white, females - usually lower income. So when the majority of people are in that demographic that quota will close more quickly than other quotas.

• Like 2