Received rewards with $0 balance!

nj07208

I've heard of this happening to people who buy gift cards from websites. I redeemed E-rewards money for a $20 Denny's card. I wanted to go the next day, but I didn't realize they were physical cards so I forgot all about it until they came. I went to check the balance online but they didn't have pin #'s. The website said to take those cards into the restaurant to check the balance. I went today and it was busy. I wanted to check the balance right away but the hostess said to take a table so I wouldn't lose my place in line and she would have someone check. After we're seated for a few minutes, someone came over with the cards and the print outs that showed each one had a ZERO balance! I guess because I seemed surprised he asked where I got them from. I just said they were a gift. I received them around 12/23 and went today. I wonder if they got used or something. I emailed E-rewards. We'll see their response. Maybe this should have been in Rants and Raves!

I was wondering if they would get effected by the bots .I cant say that it has happened to me - well not yet anyways.I bet they wont do anything since there is really no way of them knowing who's at fault in this instance.Make  sure to check balances as soon as you get them.That is scary to think you put in the work to earn it and then some random person steals all the glory.Not right at all!