Who has signed up for" Informed Delivery"- with the USPS

footfree

My husband did a while back and the other day I decided I would like to sign up also .If it wasnt for him having it I wouldn't have known they have this service.You sign up and they tell you what mail is suppose to be in your mailbox for any certain day.They don't always have all the packages listed but at least it has come in handy for me when needed.My daughter let 2 of her friends use our address and we noticed they were suppose to be in our box but they were not delivered.So we contacted them and let them know thru the informed delivery and the next day we got them.Plus if you don't have any mail coming in or if it's junk mail you could avoid a trip to the mailbox if you want.They may not always be accurate but it does make a life a little less hectic for those busy days. 

I started using this a few months ago when it went live. They don't list large packages and they should. I had a day with no paper mail but a package sat on my porch all day because I thought there was nothing delivered.

40 minutes ago, ksedwar said:

I started using this a few months ago when it went live. They don't list large packages and they should. I had a day with no paper mail but a package sat on my porch all day because I thought there was nothing delivered.

Yeah they don't list packages,I wonder why?

Magazines either. Not sure why but it's only paper mail and junk fliers. With mail theft happening so much it seems like they would. It's still a new service though so maybe they will eventually scan everything.

Yea the only reason they are doing this now is to show they can compete. They definitely do not have the money to create new "free" services for us.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Amazon is going to start taking pictures when they drop off a package to prove that they did deliver it.  I used $96 of my Amazon GC last month, and the day they were supposed to deliver it, somebody called to say he had a delivery and could I buzz him in.  I thought it was somebody delivering pizza, and I told him I was not expecting a delivery.  A half hour later I went on Amazon, I checked and discovered that my package had been delivered, and it was in my mail room.  I went downstairs, and it was not in the mailroom or in the lobby.  I had our building engineer check the security footage, and we found out that somebody showed up with a package.  I had to wait three days, but I chatted with Amazon, and they did credit me for the delivery I did not receive, and I ordered it again the following week, and got it successfully.

On 3/22/2018 at 10:31 AM, NFriday said:

Amazon is going to start taking pictures when they drop off a package to prove that they did deliver it.  I used $96 of my Amazon GC last month, and the day they were supposed to deliver it, somebody called to say he had a delivery and could I buzz him in.  I thought it was somebody delivering pizza, and I told him I was not expecting a delivery.  A half hour later I went on Amazon, I checked and discovered that my package had been delivered, and it was in my mail room.  I went downstairs, and it was not in the mailroom or in the lobby.  I had our building engineer check the security footage, and we found out that somebody showed up with a package.  I had to wait three days, but I chatted with Amazon, and they did credit me for the delivery I did not receive, and I ordered it again the following week, and got it successfully.

I have had them take a picture and send it to me.But not all of them will do this.I wish it was mandatory.You don't realize how many of my packages gets sent to another person here in the park I live at. For some reason people or I should say retailers have antiquated machines that do not print out my whole address.So I have to go and hunt it down -now if they sent me a picture I could easily  tell if it's my porch or not.However it's not only Amazon who should do this it's Fed Ex and UPS  too.

I also live  where the bombing was happening in Austin. I mean the guy lived 5 minutes down the road from me which was eerie .One person pointed out that maybe this would help stop thieves from taking packages off of porches.However I don't think we should give anyone any ideas.It was scary thinking I could walk out to have one on my porch .