Anybody familiar with Advanced Focus?

NFriday

Even though I live in the Chicago area, I someone got hooked up with Advanced Focus, which is based in NYC.  It is a market research firm.  They emailed me yesterday, and asked me if I would be interested in doing an online survey with them.  I had to send them an email with answers to about 10 questions they wanted me to answer.  Somebody from there called me up, and asked me a few more questions, and determined that I was eligible.  The survey is a two day survey I do online.  They just sent me more info about the project, through an email that landed in spam.  It is a good thing I check my spam.  There are two pieces of paper I am supposed to down load and fill out.  They said to combine the two documents in a zip drive.  I'll have to figure out how to do that.  One of the forms they sent me, I will have to sign before they sent me payment.  Does that mean that I have to print a copy of both of documents, and fill them out, and then fax them to the person. I don't know how I can sign the document, and then email it to her.  Does anybody know?  Is this company good to work with?  Thanks

On 2/8/2018 at 7:13 PM, NFriday said:

Even though I live in the Chicago area, I someone got hooked up with Advanced Focus, which is based in NYC.  It is a market research firm.  They emailed me yesterday, and asked me if I would be interested in doing an online survey with them.  I had to send them an email with answers to about 10 questions they wanted me to answer.  Somebody from there called me up, and asked me a few more questions, and determined that I was eligible.  The survey is a two day survey I do online.  They just sent me more info about the project, through an email that landed in spam.  It is a good thing I check my spam.  There are two pieces of paper I am supposed to down load and fill out.  They said to combine the two documents in a zip drive.  I'll have to figure out how to do that.  One of the forms they sent me, I will have to sign before they sent me payment.  Does that mean that I have to print a copy of both of documents, and fill them out, and then fax them to the person. I don't know how I can sign the document, and then email it to her.  Does anybody know?  Is this company good to work with?  Thanks

You could fax the document  or print it out, sign it ,then scan it and copy it over to a  PDF file and then put it in a file like a scan folder or whatever folder you would like then attach it to a email.That is what I did recently when I had to sign a document and it worked out fine.Plus that way it gives you a receipt of sorts.

BTW-I have never heard of them but that doesn't mean anything -did you google the name?That has helped me to determine if I want to deal with  some of the companies or not.

I am going to call them up tomorrow, and get specific instructions on how to send them the information they are requesting.  They told me in the last email, that I am supposed to take the two pieces of paper that they sent me to fill out and combine them into a zip drive.  One of my Sisters called me up today about a family matter.  .  I then asked her about how I send the information.  I read exactly what the email said, and she said she though a zip drive was similar to a flash drive.  When she  looked it up, she realized that it was something different, and she suggested I call them up, since she had no idea what to do.   The log in information is supposed to be sent by studyspace.net either the day before the study starts or the first day of the study, and it is going to take them four weeks to send me my check..

I also have Amazon problems.  I cashed out $97 worth of Amazon GC, and I ordered five thins on Wednesday.  The next day they emailed me and told me they were sending the items out that day, and I should expect to get them on Saturday 2/10 before 8:00.  I live in a condo building, and somebody called me up from the lobby phone, at 6:00 last night and told me he had a delivery and could I buzz him in.  He never told me he was from Amazon.  I thought it was somebody delivering some food, and he pressed the wrong button, and I told him I did not order anything.  At 6:30, I logged onto Amazon, and was told that somebody delivered my package, and left it in the mail room.  I went down to the mail room, and the package was not there.  Somebody in the building that orders a ton of stuff from Amazon, suggested that if it does not appear by Monday morning, that I have out building engineer review the tape from the security camera around that time, and see if the guy did put the package back on the truck.  According to Amazon the package was delivered at 5:59.  They delivered a bunch of packages again today, and my package was not in that delivery.  Amazon says to wait 36 hours before you contact them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up downloading the two documents.  I misread the email, and I thought I would have to send the two documents with a zip drive.  I found out the two documents were in a zip drive, and had to pull each one up, and do a bunch of steps before I could print it, and then I had to do the same thing with the other document.  I ended up going to the public library, and the person overseeing the computer lab showed me what to do because I could not get them to print.    The study is done by studyspace.net.  I then had to log on today and set up a password.  They then asked me to download a photo of myself.  I would rather not, but there was no way they would let me continue with the project until I did.  I then had problems because I did not have a picture that was in jpg format.  It took me an hour along with two calls to a friend of mine to figure out how to do it.  I had never worked with paint before.  They then had me download two more pictures while I was answering the questions they asked me.  The second half of the project takes place tomorrow, and then I get my money in a month.  I am sure they will have me download more pictures tomorrow.  This is way more involved than I thought it would be.