Need help in dealing with a online company-what are my rights

footfree

So what do I do ?I ordered a pair of shoes on 2/4 supposed to be shipped within 5 business days and or up too 10 business days.Okay not there yet but close.I also never received a confirmation email saying that they are to be delivered.So after 5 business days I did a live chat with customer service she said I should have heard from them by now but she put in a request and I should hear from them in 24 to 48 hours.I also asked for them to send me a confirmation email and she said she would.Never heard from them on either of my request.So I went to the site to see what I else I could put in my cart in case they couldn't deliver this certain pair of shoes and when I tried it said there was a error.So I tried a different pair same thing.Been going on for 3 days.Went and read others post on 2 different sites and they are having the same problems.This company is shoes.com who I recently noticed was bought out by Walmart back in April of last year.One person said they contacted shoes.com talked to a representative and was told you cannot cancel a order once it is in the process stage.It shows on my credit card account as pending .But at this point I dont know what is going on and I think it best I get the shoes somewhere else but I cant if they wont let me cancel.What recourse do I have?

12 hours ago, somelady said:

Can't you call the credit card to cancel the transaction? If it's pending it hasn't been paid yet.

I called them and asked them to cancel it and they did.However the next day the transaction showed up in pending again.I need to call and talk to them personally instead of doing the online chat.I do not think it's right that they can put a hold on your credit card indefinitely .I should  be able to cancel if I want.They have other stories like mine on the BBB.Plus I wanted to see what would happen if I tried to add another pair to my cart.Well every time I add something it comes back that there is Error and to contact customer service.But the nightmares of calling customer service is well noted over at the BBB. Btw the company is shoes.com I am calling them out for bad service.They were a Canadian company then they were bought by Walmart and have now become a division of Jet.com.I wonder if the corporation knows had badly this part of their company is being handled?

On 2/17/2018 at 12:10 PM, footfree said:

I called them and asked them to cancel it and they did.However the next day the transaction showed up in pending again.I need to call and talk to them personally instead of doing the online chat.I do not think it's right that they can put a hold on your credit card indefinitely .I should  be able to cancel if I want.They have other stories like mine on the BBB.Plus I wanted to see what would happen if I tried to add another pair to my cart.Well every time I add something it comes back that there is Error and to contact customer service.But the nightmares of calling customer service is well noted over at the BBB. Btw the company is shoes.com I am calling them out for bad service.They were a Canadian company then they were bought by Walmart and have now become a division of Jet.com.I wonder if the corporation knows had badly this part of their company is being handled?

Walmart bought jet.com  maybe try contacting walmart.  I think online chats are run by AI robots now.

• Like 1

Well finally my credit card company did cancel the transaction, the next day not sure how Shoes.com could keep putting it on there but they did.I did get a hold of Shoes over at Facebook messenger and they cancelled the order on their part too.I am just wondering since  the shoes I ordered are usually priced fixed and I got them at a discount that maybe they couldn't sell them at the price  they had on their site .So they kept it at processing until they could offer the discounted price?Don't know but would make sense.