Animal Assisted Therapy for Schizophrenia Treatment

jordans

Hello. 

My name is Jordan Shomo and I am a junior attending University High School in Morgantown, West Virginia. I am currently enrolled in a course called AP Research. This class is part of a two-year program, known as the Capstone Program, that prepares high school students for college-level research. This is a relatively new program, and it offers incredible opportunities to high school students like me who wish to challenge ourselves in order to prepare for college.

I am currently researching Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) and its implications in the treatment of adolescent schizophrenic patients. For my research course, I am looking for participants in my survey. I have designed a survey that has undergone IRB approval from the University High School IRB Committee. 

All survey responses will remain anonymous, and the surveys do not ask for any identifying personal information. Any patient participating in this survey may do so of their own volition.

Ultimately, the purpose of this study is to assess the treatment of schizophrenia with animal-assisted therapy. I hope to publish my research after review from the College Board and contribute to the ongoing discussion in the therapy field. This study is approaching the topic from a broad-scope, so the only inclusion criteria for this study is a diagnosis of schizophrenia. Additionally, participants must be at least 15 years of age. 

I greatly appreciate your consideration and hope that you are willing to engage in this challenge alongside me!

Thank You.

Jordan Shomo

https://goo.gl/forms/ALko4Y6xB0zKlvUp1