Music Therapy with Divorced Families

Hello,

My name is Mikayla Teets and I am a senior at University High School in Morgantown, WV. I am currently enrolled in the AP Research course, the second year of the AP Capstone Program. This program offers high school students with an incredible opportunity to conduct academic research and challenges students like me to prepare for college classes.

I am researching music therapy with divorced families, and the use of music therapy for familial relationships. This survey has been IRB approved by University High School's IRB committee.

To collect data, I have created a survey for divorced families who are using music therapy. Adults must be 18 years or older and children must be 6 years old or older to participate in my survey. Your answers will be completely anonymous, and you may skip any question that you wish to not answer at any time during the survey.

Ultimately, I hope to use this data to understand the impact on music therapy as a tool for divorced families and their relationships with one another. I hope to publish my research after the review of the College Board to further a discussion of music therapy being used with families.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in furthering my research!