My Swagbucks account was deactivated

mikedorb

Anybody else ever had to deal with this? I have been with them for a number of years and had no serious problems with them before. Other than not being credited for an offer or survey a few times but I contacted support and they credited my account. I did send them a ticket to find out what the reason is and hope I get a response. I am not sure I will because I read stories that other people had their accounts deactivated and never got a response from customer service.

One strange thing I noticed a couple of days ago was my balance went down significantly and then found out why. It said I ordered an Amazon card for 15.00 which was for 1500 SB and I never ordered it.   I know I am not going mental. If I order a reward from a website I would know it. Anyway I never order Amazon cards from Swagbucks. Only do PayPal. But I was going to let it slide until I saw that the reward was sent to me yesterday morning and  never got it in my email so I requested it get sent again. So when I still didn't get it I did more investigating. I was logged in through Facebook so I logged out and tried to sign in through the website and got the message my account was deactivated. So I guess that is why I never got the emails for the Amazon card.

I am thinking somebody might have gotten into my Swagbucks account and ordered the Amazon card and maybe they detected suspicious activity so that is why they deactivated my account. But when you order an Amazon card don't they ask you security questions like they do when you request a PayPal payment? And if somebody other than me got into my account they wouldn't be able to answer the security questions. Could any of this even be possible? Nobody other than me uses my computer. This thing with the Amazon card happened on Saturday so my account must have been deactivated sometime between then and yesterday morning. But I had no clue anything was wrong because I was logged in through Facebook and didn't do any investigating until after I didn't get the email with the Amazon card info. I don't know how anybody other than me could order an Amazon gift card. What do you guys think?     

If you don't get an answer from support in the next few days then try sending them a message on Facebook. It doesn't guarantee anything but they almost always answer FB messages. Since it's an account deactivation hopefully they will look further into it through the FB support channel.

I did try Facebook and was advised it would be best to go through customer support. I hope they do respond to me. Some people wrote that they had problems getting them to respond when their accounts were deactivated. I do have this fear that my account might have been hacked. I know I didn't order a 15.00 Amazon card. And counting the 1500 SB for the Amazon card I neither ordered or received I should have 1850 SB in my account. I will give them a chance to respond but if they don't I will have no choice but to go to the BBB to try to come to a resolution. I really don't want to do that unless I have no other choice. Honestly I have no clue why they would deactivate my account. I have been with them for a long time and never ran into a problem before. I was cashing out with a 25.00 PayPal about every month or so. Maybe they decided I was earning too much money so they wanted to get rid of me. Or maybe they did see there was suspicious activity. The Amazon card and the deactivation of my account both happening now can't be a coincidence can it be? Just have to hope they will respond and let me know what is going on.         

Something very interesting happened. I know I wrote on another thread a few times that My Survey deactivated my account months ago and never responded to my inquiries. Then  out of the clear blue today I get an email telling me they reactivated my account. And the reason they deactivated it in the first place was there was suspicious activity on my account from out of the country. And all they told me to do was change my password which I did in order to protect myself from any potential future problems. It is strange because I last wrote to them in November which was almost 4 months ago. Did it really take them that long to figure out what the problem was? My account was inactive for maybe a couple of years. I pretty much had given up on them ever reactivating my account.  

Now I believe more than ever that my Swagbucks account was hacked as well and that is why they deactivated it. I let them know the whole deal and told them about the Amazon card I did not order. Hopefully they will respond to me soon and I will get my account activated again.   

11 hours ago, mikedorb said:

Maybe they decided I was earning too much money so they wanted to get rid of me.

That's definitely not the reason. I earn much more than that each month and have been for years.

11 hours ago, mikedorb said:

Or maybe they did see there was suspicious activity. The Amazon card and the deactivation of my account both happening now can't be a coincidence can it be?

It's possible but combined with your My Survey account getting hacked if you haven't already done it I would suggest making new strong passwords on all of your accounts that have anything to do with money. Including your banking/credit card accounts. Never use your social media account to log into accounts that have anything to do with money. Don't use the same password on your social media account as you do money accounts.

4 hours ago, mikedorb said:

Hopefully they will respond to me soon and I will get my account activated again.

Lately support has been pretty bad and takes a while if they even respond. Hopefully they get back to you soon.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:46 AM, ksedwar said:

That's definitely not the reason. I earn much more than that each month and have been for years.

It's possible but combined with your My Survey account getting hacked if you haven't already done it I would suggest making new strong passwords on all of your accounts that have anything to do with money. Including your banking/credit card accounts. Never use your social media account to log into accounts that have anything to do with money. Don't use the same password on your social media account as you do money accounts.

Lately support has been pretty bad and takes a while if they even respond. Hopefully they get back to you soon.

Still no response from them and it has been a week so I sent them another email. I will give them a little time to respond and if I don't hear from them I will report them to the BBB unless somebody else has a better idea. I was getting close to being able to do a 25.00 PayPal cash out and now there is a chance I might lose everything.  

Swagbucks was always a consistently good payer for me. I would earn enough points to get a 25.00 PayPal payment about every month or so. Now they deactivate my account and won't give me a reason. Last week I sent them a second email and will wait a couple of more days before going to the BBB. But honestly I don't expect a response. This is another in a list of panels that appears to be growing that were great at one time but have deteriorated into complete garbage. It is unbelievable that these panels feel they owe their customers nothing especially people who have been with them a long time like I have been with Swagbucks. I do think my account was hacked because 1500 points were deducted for an Amazon gift card I neither ordered or received. But why can't they tell me this if that is the case and if it is I would think I should be able to get my account reinstated. This company clearly gets an F as far as customer service goes. Not responding to me tells me it is not a legitimate company. Why can't they tell me what the problem is so maybe there is a way to resolve it?   I really don't want to turn to the BBB but I don't know what else to do other than forget it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mine was also deactivated. I'm new to Swag Bucks. I signed up through Prize Rebel. When I didn't get the 1034 points from Prize Rebel, I complained to them and also posted a review here. Prize Rebel pretty much laid the blame on me. I looked at their reasons why I might not have received my points, and none applied. So I complained again. They responded that I should follow up with Swag Bucks. Meanwhile, SB had verified my account activation, and I was taking surveys. I was able to redeem a $5 Amazon card. (I prefer Paypal, but since I was new to the site, I wanted to see how quickly they pay.) 

Then Prize Rebel emailed me and said they were contacting SB for verification, and that I could see the 1034 points in my account "within 31 days." I'm waiting and will not do any surveys at Prize Rebel until they make good on their word. Today I tried logging in to SB and found that my account was deactivated. I hadn't violated their terms. I'm waiting on a response and on my $5 Amazon card. After reading everyone's responses, I guess I can assume I'm SOL. 

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:47 PM, Katrinka said:

Mine was also deactivated. I'm new to Swag Bucks. I signed up through Prize Rebel. When I didn't get the 1034 points from Prize Rebel, I complained to them and also posted a review here. Prize Rebel pretty much laid the blame on me. I looked at their reasons why I might not have received my points, and none applied. So I complained again. They responded that I should follow up with Swag Bucks. Meanwhile, SB had verified my account activation, and I was taking surveys. I was able to redeem a $5 Amazon card. (I prefer Paypal, but since I was new to the site, I wanted to see how quickly they pay.) 

Then Prize Rebel emailed me and said they were contacting SB for verification, and that I could see the 1034 points in my account "within 31 days." I'm waiting and will not do any surveys at Prize Rebel until they make good on their word. Today I tried logging in to SB and found that my account was deactivated. I hadn't violated their terms. I'm waiting on a response and on my $5 Amazon card. After reading everyone's responses, I guess I can assume I'm SOL. 

Maybe I am dumb but what is SOL? But here is my latest update. They emailed me late in March and told me I had duplicate accounts. They gave me the other email address and it isn't mine. It was a G mail address and the name in it was some kind of Middle East name from Israel or Pakistan or a place like that. I am almost 100% sure my account was hacked because do you remember that I said somebody ordered a 15.00 Amazon gift card on my account and I never received the code so I am out 1500 points? But for some reason they kept the second account the one someone opened in my name and deactivated my account the one I have had for many years. They said that other account was bigger whatever that means so that is why they kept that one active. I wrote back to them and said that other account wasn't mine and I believe I was hacked. Then on March 30 they responded and asked for my birthdate to verify my account and I sent them that on that day. Haven't heard anything from them since then so I sent them a follow up email this morning asking when is this issue with duplicate accounts going to be resolved. I just hope this doesn't take months to resolve like My Survey did. My Survey had my account deactivated for months and then one day got an email telling me my account was active again. It was deactivated for so long I had pretty much given up any hope it would ever be reactivated.     

Katrinka just a thought .Could you have a duplicate account you are unaware of? Might you have signed up with Swagbucks before and forgot about it? You can sign up with Swagbucks through a lot of other survey sites. I can't remember how I signed up since it was so long ago. They told me it is one account per person which I knew. But if more than one person lives in a household each one can have an account. But their customer service is really bad. I don't want to pester them too much so I waited until now to send them a follow up. But three weeks is a long time to wait. Hopefully the delay has to do with them figuring out what is going on and how to fix it. I always liked Swagbucks and this is the first time I ever had an issue with them. I would earn enough Swagbucks to do a 25.00 PayPal cash out about once a month. And I can't do that on a lot of my other sites. So I am really hoping I can get my account reactivated very soon.  And 500 Swagbucks for a 5.00 Amazon card is a great deal too which you can't do on many other sites.      

On 4/19/2018 at 6:54 AM, mikedorb said:

Maybe I am dumb but what is SOL? ...

SOL = Sh.. out of luck. Any time I don't understand some acronym/slang I go to urbandictionary dot com.

I had trouble with Swagbucks last fall. They said I couldn't do their"gold' surveys anymore due to some irregularities. Like I was lying or something. Well they let me back for one more chance. I think part of it was that I was not filling out the profiles regularly.  

It is hard to answer certain questions. Like the number of beverages you drink in a week and those types.  The name gender, age are all rote. Some are harder to state, at least for me. Magazines, I might not read a People for a year and then go to the doctors and have looked at three.

Anyway I am glad to be rid of them. I got a lot more unsolicited emails from them and it was so hard to make money. Their customer service had gone down by then anyway.