Silly Questions

peach6

I am really getting tired of some of these silly questions that some of the sites are starting to ask before qualifying for a survey

Where do you see yourself in 5 years (I don't know)

What is your favorite ice cream and why (because I like it)

I closed a survey today because I don't want to answer those anymore

Anybody else annoyed?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, peach6 said:

I am really getting tired of some of these silly questions that some of the sites are starting to ask before qualifying for a survey

Anybody else annoyed?

It's annoying, but this is what I do:  Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Richer

What's your favorite ice cream and why?   Chocolate because I'm a chocoholic.

Only takes a second to type the answers in and I've always assumed they do it to be sure it's not an automated script thing answering, or that the respondent can speak English.

• Like 1

Oh type  the word  

joy 

hope

four  

prove your not a robot  

asking your age  multiple times 

asking  why did choose 7  

saying  I qualified  and  then  booting by saying the survey  is over 

• Like 1

We all know it's to find out if we are a robot or not but do they have to asked so many questions is the question? So I agree with Peaches about this being annoying.

• Like 1

The questions are stupid but I see those questions along with others like it. As to where I see myself in 5 years maybe I should give a wise crack answer like hopefully not 6 feet under. And as for ice cream personally I like maple walnut but as to why I like it I just like the taste. Say you told somebody you like steak and spaghetti and they asked you why you probably couldn't give a specific reason other than you just like them. I wonder if anybody ever got rejected from a survey based on the way they answered one of those open ended questions. And I believe your response has to be a certain number of letters or words. You just can't give a one word response.    

Opinion Outpost keeps asking what's my ideal day or something along those lines. But picking out vehicles or store fronts or street signs in a picture lineup and then having to do it again after getting it right is more annoying. Have also answered to where will I be in five years with a "good day is any day not six feet under:)"

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JD said:

Opinion Outpost keeps asking what's my ideal day or something along those lines. But picking out vehicles or store fronts or street signs in a picture lineup and then having to do it again after getting it right is more annoying. Have also answered to where will I be in five years with a "good day is any day not six feet under:)"

You must be thinking like I do. You didn't get rejected from the survey when you answered the question like that where you will be in five years did you? But you do have to beware of the trap questions. Are you in a coma now? Did you ever bathe in ketchup? Did you have tea with Queen Victoria in the last week? I am sure you have seen these questions along with similar ones many times. Sometimes I try to do surveys too quickly for my own good. One time I was asked what year it is and I typed 1953 which was the year I was born and of course was immediately disqualified from the survey. So you have to be careful. But I realized what I did immediately after I did it. But I think a lot of panels do the things that Opinion Outpost does. I think I know what you are talking about when you say picture lineup. Pick out all the vehicles or street signs. And sometimes I have to do it maybe 5 times before they let me get to the survey. I almost feel like they are giving me an IQ test.   

• Like 1

I am so tired of answering questions about those who live in my house besides me.  When I tell them that I have no one under 18, BAM! I am out.  Why do they keep asking me that?  And why do I always get dq'd when I answer?  I remember the "what have you drank in a certain length of time" question and it was a long list to choose from.  I am starting to cancel out as soon as I am asked about others in my household. 

Yeah  I hate when  they  ask your birth year and then  age  and then  several pages in  they  ask your age and  if your male or female    and then you get to the end  and ask again .I am like  if you  can't figure  it  by now .`

9 hours ago, Lurkergirl said:

Yeah  I hate when  they  ask your birth year and then  age  and then  several pages in  they  ask your age and  if your male or female    and then you get to the end  and ask again .I am like  if you  can't figure  it  by now .`

They are looking to trap you. By asking the same questions multiple times to see if you are giving the same answers. Somebody once asked me if you could fake your way through a survey. My answer was even though I ordinarily don't try to do it or advise anybody to do it is probably yes but you have to make sure you remember how your answered the questions so you are giving consistent answers. 

Sometime last year we started getting spammed from people offering "survey bot" software that is automated survey taking software. Around that time is when these new trap questions started appearing in surveys. Things like "What big item do you plan on purchasing in the near future" or "What is your dream vacation". It's just my theory but I think these new silly questions we see are an attempt for survey providers to combat these new survey bots.

When people cheat it's the honest survey takers that pay the price. We end up with lower pay and answering silly questions over and over. I can understand 1 trap question but some panels take you through 3 or 4 pages of them and that is overkill.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ksedwar said:

When people cheat it's the honest survey takers that pay the price. We end up with lower pay and answering silly questions over and over.

I so wish more people would understand this.  Surveys that used to pay at least a dollar I'm seeing for 10 lousy cents now.... I mean come ON!   But it's easy to see why... if survey takers are lying, the brands asking the questions have faulty data that is of no use whatsoever, so I'm thinking (bite my tongue, I know)  that if it doesn't get better, they'll decide it's worthless to keep paying anything at all and open online communities to get their information instead of offering surveys.  :-(

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 6:53 PM, peach6 said:

Anybody else annoyed?

Yes. very annoyed. I tell them it's an invasion of privacy and inappropriate to ask these questions.

On 3/4/2018 at 7:29 AM, mikedorb said:

The questions are stupid but I see those questions along with others like it. As to where I see myself in 5 years maybe I should give a wise crack answer like hopefully not 6 feet under. And as for ice cream personally I like maple walnut but as to why I like it I just like the taste. Say you told somebody you like steak and spaghetti and they asked you why you probably couldn't give a specific reason other than you just like them. I wonder if anybody ever got rejected from a survey based on the way they answered one of those open ended questions. And I believe your response has to be a certain number of letters or words. You just can't give a one word response.    

I always do because I won't answer them. It's wrong for them to ask and the information can be used to steal your identity and for other purposes.