Yougov Walmart GC not received/lost in mail?

Leefall

Never received my $50 Walmart gift certificate. Received a response after 3 emails that according to their records was mailed and that's it.

I enjoy their surveys but am hesitant to continue as there is no guarantee I will receive future rewards.. 

Never had that happen to me so don't know what their policy is. But you should not lose out on your 50.00 Walmart gift card. I always get the Amazon gift cards from YouGov but there is always a chance a mailed gift card can get lost in the mail. Not sure why they still do physical gift cards.  Most of my other panels who do Amazon email you the code which eliminates the possibility of a lost card. Not sure why they do it the way they do. But you may be screwed. This could be like when you buy a gift card in a store and you either lose it or misplace it. It cannot be replaced. And I can see why you are hesitant to do any more surveys with them. But they are a legitimate company and I am sure the gift card was mailed. Not sure why they don't offer electronic rewards or even physical checks. A check can be replaced but a company might not want to do it because it is a hassle and costs them money .Maybe somebody else can chime in who had this happen to them. Not sure what can be done but you should not take the loss. I also am assuming you haven't moved recently and they have your correct mailing address.     

16 hours ago, Leefall said:

Never received my $50 Walmart gift certificate. Received a response after 3 emails that according to their records was mailed and that's it.

I enjoy their surveys but am hesitant to continue as there is no guarantee I will receive future rewards.. 

I was just on there site still have a ways to go to cash out I would like the walmart gc but didn't see it.I haven't read on here of  any complaints  How long ago did you request it?  If I remember right I thought I read somewhere that it takes awhile before you receive there rewards. I hope you get it

Recently I cashed out with them and got a 15.00 Amazon card which I received in about two weeks. All I know is it said to allow so much time to receive your reward and I got it a lot sooner than the stated time frame.   I have no clue if it takes longer to receive a Walmart gift card because I never chose that reward.  As it is it takes a long time to reach 25,000 points to be able to get the Amazon gift card.  

1 hour ago, somelady said:

I cashed out on Feb. 16, they said 4 to 6 weeks.

They say that but I have always received my rewards from them much sooner than that. 

I wait and cash out the $100 visa card and I have always gotten it and I have received it faster then what they said I would.I have never been stiffed by them in all the years I have been with them.I believe them when they said they sent it.Plus things do get lost in the mail all the time.However there have also been times that it gets lost and then turns up.Who knows there are all kinds of reasons or scenarios we could come up with .I hope it shows up for you. 

18 hours ago, footfree said:

I wait and cash out the $100 visa card and I have always gotten it and I have received it faster then what they said I would.I have never been stiffed by them in all the years I have been with them.I believe them when they said they sent it.Plus things do get lost in the mail all the time.However there have also been times that it gets lost and then turns up.Who knows there are all kinds of reasons or scenarios we could come up with .I hope it shows up for you. 

I pretty much said the same thing to him. Yes things get lost but my fear is it got delivered to the wrong house or apartment .I have gotten mail before that didn't belong to me. And since it was a gift card anybody could use it. Maybe it will show up but if it doesn't I am not sure he can do anything about it. Wouldn't it be the same as buying a gift card in a store and losing it? If that happens it can't be replaced. Still don't understand why they continue to send physical Amazon cards in the mail. Almost all of my other panels just email you the code.   

• Like 1

On 3/7/2018 at 9:57 AM, mikedorb said:

They say that but I have always received my rewards from them much sooner than that. 

I received it on the 9th.

• 4 weeks later...

I would think they would have a record also to see if it had been used it not they would be able to cancel it and then reissue it.I cashed out the first time today I hope I have no problem. I did notice it said to make sure your address is correct which made me look at it twice.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, peach6 said:

I am not positive but I think all of there gift cards are mailed including Amazon

I can't remember how it came last time, I swore it was a code, but probably not.  I used to love that $100 check they would send.  That was great to get in the mail. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

I can't remember how it came last time, I swore it was a code, but probably not.  I used to love that $100 check they would send.  That was great to get in the mail. 

Can you still get a check? The next time I cash out I would like to get the walmart  gc  but the last time I looked I don't remember seeing that as an option.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peach6 said:

Can you still get a check? The next time I cash out I would like to get the walmart  gc  but the last time I looked I don't remember seeing that as an option.

They did away with that a couple of years ago at least.  Now you get an AGC or a Visa card at $100 level. 

• Like 1