Terminated by iPoll and Opinion Outpost

trevorpee

I tried to log in to iPoll today, only to receive a message that my membership has been terminated due to some unspecified violation. I then tried OO and the same happened.

Has anyone else encountered this?  To be honest, I wouldn't be devastated to lose OO - their surveys have become ridiculous and it takes an age to reach even the minimum 50 point threshold, but we all like to be the one to initiate a break-up, don't we?! 

So sorry to hear this.  I left the both of them some time ago.  I think they are looking for reasons to get rid of people, I am hearing more people talk about this, and some of them aren't even on this forum.  So it seems to be  all over. 

Thanks for replying, rosiesmom. I do tend to groan if I receive an invitation from OO as I know I'm in for a hard slog to earn practically nothing. I've written to both the sites and will update with any news. It might be useful for others to have a heads up that they are on the warpath.

28 minutes ago, trevorpee said:

Thanks for replying, rosiesmom. I do tend to groan if I receive an invitation from OO as I know I'm in for a hard slog to earn practically nothing. I've written to both the sites and will update with any news. It might be useful for others to have a heads up that they are on the warpath.

Not surprised that seems to be the norm for OO and then you have to beg to be reinstated

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, peach6 said:

Not surprised that seems to be the norm for OO and then you have to beg to be reinstated

My Opinion Outpost account was frozen months ago and never got a response to the many emails I sent them. My accounts are now frozen for all of the SSI panels I belonged to and I am also blocked from taking SSI surveys on other panels I belong to. My advice to people is stay away from all of the SSI panels. Because if you belong to these panels for any length of time and are very active on them there is a good chance at some point your account is going to be frozen. And as far as getting reinstated it is possible but don't bet on it. I think years ago my account was frozen but they agreed to reinstate it. This past time I was not nearly as fortunate. And going to the BBB isn't going to do any good because there is either very little or no money in my account. And the BBB can't force them to reinstate you. One of the other SSI panels years ago it may have been Survey Spot froze my account and I went to the BBB. Survey Spot wouldn't reinstate my account but they agreed to pay me the money in it which I believe was something like 9.00.   

They say there was a system update during which my SSI accounts were 'frozen unintentionally' but they should be re-instated. I'll wait and see and report back.

12 hours ago, pansyrhonda said:

Were you close to cashing in?  I notice this is when they do that to people.

Opinion Outpost no. Survey Spot I can't remember what the threshold was for cashing out since it was a long time ago but there was like 9.00 in my account and I had to report them to the BBB to get my money. We weren't talking big bucks here but 9.00 is 9.00 that I legitimately earned.  

2 hours ago, janlou said:

I got frozen out of Opinion Outpost twice and got back in both times.  I then switched browsers and started using Google Chrome for surveys and haven't had any problems since.

You were lucky they reinstated you but I can't see why the browser you use should make any difference. 

• 10 months later...

Apologies for reopening an old thread, but I've just had the same problem that the OP described - both my iPoll and Opinion Outpost accounts were suspended at the same time because "the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged".

I've repeatedly contacted iPoll and OO but they ignore my requests to provide specific details of my alleged transgression. I've always completed surveys accurately and in good faith, so it looks to me as if SSI (the parent company) is fabricating violations in order to get rid of panellists without paying them a bean.

I did notice something odd about some of the wording in the iPoll/OO replies i.e. they keep saying that my account was indefinitely or pemanently suspended rather than saying that my account has been deleted. Is this some legal trickery that they can use to say that they're not actually stealing our money? i.e. by just "suspending" any rewards.

I'll avoid all SSI survey companies in future - once bitten, twice shy.

• Like 1

After endless months and waiting for the result of several 'reviews' (blah, blah, bullshit, etc) I was finally and permanently terminated from iPoll and OO. Good riddance to OO, but I had been teetering on the payment threshold of £25 for iPoll  for almost a year. Proper scummy behaviour.

I just remembered I haven't had a survey from surveyspot in a long time, I tried to log in and it wouldn't let me.  The same thing opinionoutpost  did to  me last year and wouldn't let me back.

I know they are going to make up some excuse.