How does Inbox Dollars get so many good reviews?

NFriday

I used to belong to Inbox Dollars , but then I got burned out doing surveys, and they quit sending me surveys.  I am wondering how they get so many 5 star reviews?  I tried to log in a few minutes ago, and my account became inactive.  They are going to let me reactivate my account, but I can't get excited about $.25 surveys that I mostly DQ from, and you have to do surveys to be able to read emails.  Does anybody make much money on this site?

5 hours ago, NFriday said:

I used to belong to Inbox Dollars , but then I got burned out doing surveys, and they quit sending me surveys.  I am wondering how they get so many 5 star reviews?  I tried to log in a few minutes ago, and my account became inactive.  They are going to let me reactivate my account, but I can't get excited about $.25 surveys that I mostly DQ from, and you have to do surveys to be able to read emails.  Does anybody make much money on this site?

Not sure how they can be ranked so high I do belong to ID  but they are not an easy site to make money on I may qualify for a survey every couple of weeks ,I will watch the tv videos on my phone and do social vibes when it's on there and the paid emails also win it code and that's about it.

• 7 months later...

The reason I discovered is that the experience is different for people.  If you would have asked me two years ago about Inbox Dollars I would have told you it was a legit site, but it took awhile to cash out.  They used tdo send me 10-15 surveys a day and they were targeted so I almost always qualified.  Then about a year ago I stopped getting the targeted surveys. I went from 10-15 to zero surveys.  The only ones I could take were the peanut labs and the tap, which since they are not targeted means I spent a lot of time on surveys I was disqualified late into for, waste of time.  I emailed them on several occassions asking why and was told repeatedly that they did not have control over who sent this to me and it must be demographics.  Demographics come on, I did not change my race, age, gender, location in three days!   This has been going on for a year now, and they just keep saying to log in and look, I do I have nothing.    So I think the reason there are some good reviews is because people do have a good experience, like I did, but then others have bad experiences like I am now.  

I stayed with them for years, and I am thinking I might have cashed out 2-3 times.  I never qualified for their surveys, and I made a penny a day for reading the emails.  I finally left when I had had enough of being charged $3 to cash out and then they handed it right back to me to start over.  No thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I never do their tiny incentive surveys, only email clks and occasionally complete an offer. I cashout with them for $30 once a year or less. I do get a lot of emails from them which is how I make most of my money from them.

Been a member for 14 years, made over $700. Small amounts add up. I watch TV, I watch videos, take lots of short surveys, if you don't qualify for survey, you get spins, spins can earn you $.05 or extra $.25 for a survey. Payout by check or gift card, always charged $3 processing fee, but always give me a $3 bonus to get me going again.

• Like 1

With any list of reviews, you can assume that a certain percentage are fake, or else they haven't got past the honeymoon phase when you first sign up for a site and they give you piles of starting points just because they think you're special.

What I do is look at all the 1 and 2 star reviews for each and see if there's a pattern.  If it's one or two weird stories with incoherent spelling or grammar, it might just be angry or drunk people with nothing better to do.  But if I see the same complaint over and over in the low-star reviews, I consider it an issue, even if their average is 4 or 5 stars.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/29/2018 at 3:42 PM, yobry1 said:

I only do the email clks and occasionally an offer so I only cashout for $30 once a year. Hey it's free money for only 30-60secs a day.

I guess that is why I do surveys. Helps with gifts and I can do these and watch TV.

I do fairly well on them., not only with the surveys but the paid emails and also paid games.  i'm cashing out $30 almost every other month with all the opportunites they have to make a bit of money.

• 6 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 1:54 AM, NFriday said:

For me, they have always paid out on time and their customer service has always been helpful.  I don't like having to wait a week or so to get paid, but I have received every paycheck from them. My biggest check was $100 at one time.It's nice they finally have paypal, I haven't tried it yet because it's nice getting checks sometimes :)