Anybody been playing the Monopoly game?

NFriday

Hi- Has anybody been playing the Monopoly game this year?  I 've been playing it at Jewel in the Chicago area.  It does not seem it is as good this year.  Last year you only needed 10 Fandango codes to get a $5 Amazon GC.  Last year, I got $35 in Amazon GC.  This year they got rid of the Amazon, and you need 30 codes to get a gift card which is only good on Fandango.  So far I only have 23 codes, and so I will probably just get two GC for movies before the game is over

I have gotten eight instant winners too, including a bottle of aspirin, a 4 pack of  batteries, a bagel, a can of corn, a bottle of tea, a package of pasta, a package of gravy, and a bag of chips.  I also won a three month online cooking school course, and some universal codes that I will never use, and a Shutterfly shopping bag, which has an $8 handling fee./  I won three of those which I will never redeem.  At least this year, at least two people are guaranteed  to win the million dollars.

I just won another package of gravy mix which I will never use.  The game is being played at Jewel, Safeway, Albertson's, Star and a few other chains

• 11 months later...

Hi- It is Monopoly game time again.  So far at Jewel I have won three bagels, a bottle of water, a bunch of free tickets, and a few Shutterfly codes.  This year you can enter codes and win tokens for grocery GC, Visa GC, Fandango, and store products.  At least I have not won any gravy mix so far thank god.  The game is taking place at Safeway, Albertson's, Jewel Osco, Star, and a few other Albertson's related stores.

• 1 month later...

I have done a lot better on the Monopoly game than I have surveys lately.  I won $10, and I just claimed a $25 grocery gift card for Jewel and a $15 virtual visa gift card.  I also won 9 bagels, a bottle of antacid, a package of pepperoni, 2 packages of sour cream, 2 boxes of cookies, a candy bar, 2 bottles of water, a package of frozen Green Giant veggie spirals, and a few games of bowling.  I also have the semi rare ticket for the million dollars, but I still need the rare piece which I will never get.  Some stores are giving away tickets like crazy because the game is going to end on 5/7, and they have lots of tickets left over   A lot of people aren't playing.  I'll be glad when the game is over.  It is consuming too much of my time.

• 1 year later...

Has anybody been playing the new 2021 Monopoly game taking place at the grocery stores owned by Albertson's including Safeway and Jewel/Osco?  They got rid of the Monopoly board this year, and you have to scan all of the game tickets in to see what you have won.  It is a lot more complicated this year.  You don't collect game pieces anymore, and they only have one million dollar winner this year, and you need the one winning game ticket to win it.  It is a lot more complicated this year, and it is not as much fun.  You don't get a game ticket unless you purchase $25 worth of groceries, or you buy a bonus ticket item this year.  So far I have won two nail clippers, a package of hamburger buns, $1, and a loaf of french bread.  I have also gotten a lot of coupons.  There are only about three of the coupons so far that I would use.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, NFriday said:

Has anybody been playing the new 2021 Monopoly game taking place at the grocery stores owned by Albertson's including Safeway and Jewel/Osco?  They got rid of the Monopoly board this year, and you have to scan all of the game tickets in to see what you have won.  It is a lot more complicated this year.  You don't collect game pieces anymore, and they only have one million dollar winner this year, and you need the one winning game ticket to win it.  It is a lot more complicated this year, and it is not as much fun.  You don't get a game ticket unless you purchase $25 worth of groceries, or you buy a bonus ticket item this year.  So far I have won two nail clippers, a package of hamburger buns, $1, and a loaf of french bread.  I have also gotten a lot of coupons.  There are only about three of the coupons so far that I would use.

Not going to bother doing the game pieces online I am just opening the game pieces to see if I get a free item or a coupon that I can use

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, peach6 said:

Not going to bother doing the game pieces online I am just opening the game pieces to see if I get a free item or a coupon that I can use

You are not going to like the game this year then.  You cannot just hand the coupons to the cashier because of COVID.  They got rid of the board too, and everything is online.  You can download the app to speed things up, but I don't have a very smart smart phone, and I have been entering them by hand.  I have only been there two times since the game started, and I have gotten a total of 23 tickets.  Three of them were things I did not need, and I posted the code for them on a Facebook group that I belong to, and somebody else was able to use them.  Two of them were Shutterfly items.  When you enter in the codes, you either win an instant winner or you have nine squares pop up, and you pick three of them, and then if they match you win that item.  That is how I won the hamburger buns, and then if you don't match three squares, two question marks come up, and you have to click one of them, and then you win whatever tokens are underneath the question mark.  You can then use your tokens to get store gift cards or free items or enter one of the sweepstakes.

I was on a Safeway blog last night, and there were a lot of seniors that hate the game because they do not have a smart phone, and they assume you need one to enter the codes, but the person in charge of the blog kept telling people that you could still enter them by hand.  One guy there  went to Safeway seven times in one week, and bought 20 containers of Yoplait for $.29 each, and got 140 tickets from doing that, and won a bunch of  free stuff and a few Safeway gift cards.  By the time he redeemed the free stuff the following week, he had gotten 256 game tickets in total.  That is how you get most of the game pieces, by buying the items that give you a free ticket.  I've been buying a lot of frozen dinners, and I got 10 free tickets that way.  Then I signed up for the game before it started, and I got five free tickets by doing that.  All of the coupons you have to scan them with your app, or enter them in manually, and then they appear on your Just4U account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I won a free three months of the Peacock premium channel today in the Monopoly game.  Are there any shows on Peacock that people really like?  I also won a bottle of water, and a coupon I can use.  There are not as many people playing Monopoly this year because it is harder to get tickets, and everything is done online.  If you go into one of the Albertson's stores such as Safeway or Jewel, and just buy a gallon of milk, you don't get a game piece because you have not spent $25.

• 4 weeks later...

So far this year I have won four bottles of water, four loafs of French bread, three nail clippers, one three months of free Peacock Premium, one Skippy peanut butter and one sparkling water.  Not as many people are playing the game this year because they got rid of the game board because on COVID, and everything has to be done online, although I have heard that they finally fixed it so the coupons can be scanned at the store, but somebody at customer service has to do it.  They had some complaints from people who do not want to sign up for Just4U, or do not want to download the app so they can scan their game pieces.  You can enter in the codes manually, but a lot of seniors do not know that, and complain that they do not have a smart phone, and so they assume that they cannot play the game.  They are having double ticket days this weekend again, but the game ends on May 3rd.