Not getting paid for completed surveys

Steve29

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could give me an idea as to what's been happening with my survey taking experiences lately.

First of all, I've been doing surveys for years at all different types of survey sites. And as I'm sure has happened to many of you, every once in a while a successfully completed survey doesn't credit. Normally I just chalk it up to a loss and keep taking surveys. But, this has happened very, very rarely in the past.

Cut to about two weeks ago, more and more surveys just stopped crediting for me. Like 25% of them. For example, I did a few YouSurveys surveys and only half credited even though I successfully completed the surveys. I emailed YourSurveys and they replied basically saying "It's not our fault, contact the website where you did the survey.".

Okay, fine.. so I did. The website gave me a long reply, but basically said "It's not our fault, if you don't get paid - we don't get paid.".

At this point I really don't know what to do. I mean I'm basically doing a quarter of the surveys I do now for free! Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

I have the same problem especially on Swagbucks. I finish a survey and submit and get nothing. I spent over an hour on a survey on Global Test market and when I got near the end it said I had timed out.  They want you to take your time and give thoughtful answers and when you do you get nothing. One problem I've see is when you take an entire survey and the screening questions are at the end and you get knocked off because you're not their target group. Why don't they screen at the beginning so I don't have to waste my time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, VickiPom said:

I have the same problem especially on Swagbucks. I finish a survey and submit and get nothing. I spent over an hour on a survey on Global Test market and when I got near the end it said I had timed out.  They want you to take your time and give thoughtful answers and when you do you get nothing. One problem I've see is when you take an entire survey and the screening questions are at the end and you get knocked off because you're not their target group. Why don't they screen at the beginning so I don't have to waste my time.

Oh I've had those same things happen, like having a survey time out or just freeze near the end. And it's just SO wrong when you almost complete a survey only to be asked classification questions at the end and then you're disqualified because you don't fit the demographics for the survey.

But as frustrating as those things are.. at the very least I know what went wrong.

My problem however is that I *successfully* complete the survey.. and don't get credit for it. I thought maybe it was the browser I was using, or maybe it's my new internet service.. I just can't figure it out. I was just hoping someone has some ideas why this might be happening.

11 hours ago, VickiPom said:

Exactly.  I am very wary of doing anymore on their site.  I have had that happen day after day and after a month or so, I am done with that stuff.  Especially when I contact them and let them know what happened.  No response.  I am also not getting credit for shopping trips that I could have completed through Ebates or mypoints.  Something has happened with that site, not sure what. 

I don't do surveys on gtp sites but on regular survey sites I keep records and if I feel a survey is going to mess up I take screen shots. I always contact support with the survey numbers and screen shots if applicable. If I get a canned response or it appears they didn't read my message I will contact them again and again until it's resolved. If a site doesn't respond or doesn't credit my points I will drop them. So far I haven't had to drop anyone for this yet.  Even the surveys that ask demo questions at the end then dq you will get a scathing letter to support from me.

Keep records of every survey, a notepad or wordpad doc for each site that you can pull up before you start the survey, copy and paste the survey info then type in the start time before you take the survey. Take screen shots if u think u may need them, if everything goes well and you get your points, delete the screen shot.

Always contact support as soon as the the problem has occurred.

I was doing Toluna at 4:13 AM the other day from a survey that came up at 4:11 AM and they said it was full. I emailed them and they said they fill quickly.  In 2 minutes??

You are wasting your time with terrible survey companies with not so good reputations. Just stick with the solid ones like Paidviewpoint, mechanical turk, and Pinecone. If more of you just quit these bad companies like Swagbucks and Yoursurveys, it could send a powerful message to these bad sites, which are not well reviewed on here in the first place. 

Surveys fill up because people go to the website and check and see if there are any surveys to do.  I get tons of surveys from Mindfield that are full by the time I receive the email about the survey.