Just got DQ'd from a survey for having less than $1 million in investible assets

ambulanceblues

Yeah, I love those ones; also, especially, the ones that screen you out for not being a CEO. :D Who do they think they're going to get? (Who they're actually going to get: 100% people willing to lie on surveys.)

To be fair - I will admit fully, I got into this hobby not because I need the extra money now, but because my goal is to retire as early as I can, and every extra bit of money is a little bit more money going towards that goal. Once I do eventually have enough money to retire (which will be no time even remotely soon, but still, earlier than 65, hopefully), you bet I'll keep doing this stuff. So eventually, I might be able to truthfully say that yes, I do have a million bucks and am taking this survey anyway. No time remotely soon, though. (This is why I think the CEO-level questions are even dumber, cause someone might have a million bucks and be doing this to supplement their retirement savings after they're retired, but definitely, what CEO is going to even have time, let alone desire to take a survey like that, when they're probably making several hundred k a year?)

• Like 1

I actually did get one survey about yachting once a couple years ago, because apparently my income was sufficient for them to think I was the right demographic (note: I am absolutely not the right demographic). I told them I was totally not interested in anything they were talking about, but they didn't screen me out, anyway. That was pretty entertaining. 

That is a pretty good point - I do wonder what sort of surveys they are targeting towards hypothetical survey-taking millionaire CEOs.

10 hours ago, footfree said:

What would happen and you lied - like I am a CEO and I am a millionaire - what is that survey asking?just curious

I suspect that that might be one of those questions to catch distruthful answers... because I assume they surely know that a millionaire CEO isn't sitting there doing a 20 minute survey for ten cents.  :-)

• Like 2

If I won a big lottery, like several million, yeah duh I'd stop doing this, what would be the point? I'd be set. On the other hand, if I won exactly 1m, I could and likely would retire right then, but 1m isn't really as much as it seems. I mean, yes, it's a huge amount of money, enough to retire on if you do it right, regardless of your age, but only if you do it right - it isn't enough to throw money around right and left, not if you want to be able to retire indefinitely. Whether I got that much from the lottery, or far more likely, from carefully saving and investing over a period of multiple decades, with a million bucks, I would absolutely continue to subsidize my income from investments with supplementary income from beermoney activities. :P

• Like 2