University led survey's

1cent2help

I'm checking to see if anyone else has had ongoing issues with University research surveys. I've done at least 3 and one I got out of because it seemed

like someone was responding to my survey answer's live if that's possible. The second one I went through the entire survey and completed it and at the end

it said I DQ'd. Yesterday was the first time in over a year I did a University of Pennsylvania/Cornell University study and the same thing happened. I actually 

completed the survey and DQ'd and didn't get the .50 I was supposed to get. I am no longer doing any University study's. When I see them I will X out of them. I'm also letting everyone else know to be on the lookout. That one was about gasoline vs. electric cars and it was through Inbox Dollars.

I used to do surveys for Kellogg Business school at Northwestern University.  They weren't that bad, but you are only eligible for a drawing usually for an Amazon GC.  I won a $50 Amazon GC once.  The way it works is that they tell you that you have a 1 out of 25 chance of winning a GC, and so if you do enough surveys you are going to win sooner or later.  I live a few miles from NU, and so I don't mind doing the surveys.  I did a study on campus a few years ago too, and got paid $40 for that.  A lot of the studies that they do at Northwestern only pay $10 though, and most of those I pass on.

On 4/7/2018 at 11:39 PM, 1cent2help said:

I'm checking to see if anyone else has had ongoing issues with University research surveys. I've done at least 3 and one I got out of because it seemed

like someone was responding to my survey answer's live if that's possible. The second one I went through the entire survey and completed it and at the end

it said I DQ'd. Yesterday was the first time in over a year I did a University of Pennsylvania/Cornell University study and the same thing happened. I actually 

completed the survey and DQ'd and didn't get the .50 I was supposed to get. I am no longer doing any University study's. When I see them I will X out of them. I'm also letting everyone else know to be on the lookout. That one was about gasoline vs. electric cars and it was through inbox dollars.

Was it run by qualtrics?  These surveys usually have the contact info on the first page explaining the survey, always copy that page and write them if something goes wrong, they state the wrong length of the survey and the pay is mere pennies. Also if it's run by  qualtrics inform them that you took the survey on another survey panel. qualtrics doesn't have a survey panel but they lead the universities to believe that they do and that they will pay us what the university want them to pay us. Instead they send the surveys to a lot of different panels that pay very little.  Some of the universities will make them pay the right amount. 

write the survey panel  and the university about being dq after completing the survey.

• 2 months later...

I have done many of these University Research studies and have the same problem as yourself. i have completed and submitted many only to get a message telling me that I did not qualify or was over quota. This never happened a couple of years ago but it happens more and more now. I still attempt them however because I like them and I do get credit for some.